Disaster Stories

NA-06-XR

• Member For: 17y 4m 17d

Well Guys, I've just about had enough of drunk people who think they know cars telling me that My cars nothing!

After the results from Summernats I'm Extremely Disappointed!

I'm sure plenty of people here get the "geez man... your cars alright but you really should... " blah, blah, blah... Thinking they know their stuff!

I put all this time and effort and money towards making my car standout, and I barely Get a word from any judges, not to mention not even the chance to run in the Dyno Comp...

Fair Enough I was playing with Big boys at SummerNats But my car is no tinkering toy either!

FARK!!!! Can Someone Please enlightne me as to how to deal with or shut up these "I think I know it alls"?...

:blink::spoton::w00t2::crybaby::gooff::censored::nono:

Anyway... there's my Beef...

Feel Free to Add your Own Disaster stories, or development Woes.

This one may make for some interesting reading... I've got a few development woes as the car was being built as well...

Just Thought I'd start with that though...

Cheers

:spoton:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 3d

iv got one.

I had spent months respraying my datto 260z in midnight blue, while the motor was out my mate asked if he could try my hi performance fan on his vl.

my datto had a rb25 but it didnt fit on the vl so we put it back on my motor and didnt think any more about it untill......

motor reinstalled went for a big rev down the road and BANG rattle rattle.

I thought I had launched a piston, so I got out and looked at a 6 inch gash in the bonnet.

opened the bonnet to see the radiator sliced wiring harness sliced inner guard ripped open the fan wasnt tight and it exploded.

the thing is that I was leaning over the motor revving it and showing my mates the exhaust noise only hours before ... I could have been killed.

I look back now and think that I was lucky :spoton:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 8d

Mate you were lucky. Years ago a friend of mine copped a fan blade from a Celica in the chest in similar circumstances whilst under the boonet.

He died 3 times on the operating table. Good thing is he survived :spoton: Even luckier me thinks

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m
Well Guys, I've just about had enough of drunk people who think they know cars telling me that My cars nothing!

After the results from Summernats I'm Extremely Disappointed!

I'm sure plenty of people here get the "geez man... your cars alright but you really should... " blah, blah, blah... Thinking they know their stuff!

I put all this time and effort and money towards making my car standout, and I barely Get a word from any judges, not to mention not even the chance to run in the Dyno Comp...

Fair Enough I was playing with Big boys at SummerNats But my car is no tinkering toy either!

FARK!!!! Can Someone Please enlightne me as to how to deal with or shut up these "I think I know it alls"?...

:gooff:  :spoton:  :gooff:  :crybaby:  :gooff:  :w00t2:  :gooff:

Anyway... there's my Beef...

Feel Free to Add your Own Disaster stories, or development Woes.

This one may make for some interesting reading... I've got a few development woes as the car was being built as well...

Just Thought I'd start with that though...

Cheers

:spoton:

Mate,

Sorry to hear about your experience, but if you want to find drunk people who think they know all about cars, then this is the place you will find them..

Seriously though... Why dont you post some pics of your ride and mods and let us reinstate your self esteem...

(We like all XR's here)

• TRAITOR
  • Member For: 21y 6m 8d
yours must be one of the qickest n/a s  around with as much power as an edited t  :spoton:

Huh? Did I miss something? Sig says 194kw. that's STOCK T power. (I don't care what it's got with NOS. It's not street legal)

I don't know how much torque it has, but I'd tip a stock T would have more.

Sorry mate. Can appreciate the work you've put into your car, but if I was you, I would have just got a T in the first place. :spoton:

And yes, I know your insurance is cheaper... :crybaby:

Not taking anything away from your car and what you've put into it. I just don't understand why :w00t2:

• My new toy
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

NA O6 XR says he does not have nos.

And as for the power reading that is close to what steve from rdp has been able to get from the non turbo's for a long time.

There is nothing to hard in getting that power.

As for bad luck stories the fan blade one reminds me of a truck dad was driving one day.

Travelling at 100 k's and about to go up a hill full throttle and he herd a loud bang and vibration he pulled over to see part of the fan blade sticking though the floor near his left knee.

It was a cab over style truck lifted the cab to see enother blade in the left hand floor but there was still one more blade missing.

He walked back down the road to see it sticking out of the bituman it had gone into the road 6 inches.

Lucky man.

Ian

• Yaris member
  • Member For: 17y 10m 6d
yours must be one of the qickest n/a s  around with as much power as an edited t  :spoton:

Huh? Did I miss something? Sig says 194kw. that's STOCK T power. (I don't care what it's got with NOS. It's not street legal)

I don't know how much torque it has, but I'd tip a stock T would have more.

Sorry mate. Can appreciate the work you've put into your car, but if I was you, I would have just got a T in the first place. :gooff:

And yes, I know your insurance is cheaper... :crybaby:

Not taking anything away from your car and what you've put into it. I just don't understand why :w00t2:

I dont wana sound rude.. but I have been wondering y people get a 6 and do it up? :spoton:

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 10m 5d

I LIKE to hear about ppl modding their n/a's..

they are obviously happy with their choice so noone here has the right to stack sh*t on them..

if they wanted to get a turbo, they would have ffs..

/rant