Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Tractor Driver
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

ITB's are a good option, although the R&D would be $$$ The Honda guys make oodles of power with them on Civics and CRX's, I know a few Nissan fellas who are experimenting with them on KA24E's.

  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 22d
Posted

With these Options, Who can suggest some workshops (trusted and qualified and experienced in) who can do things like custom throttle bodies, port and polish for the 6cyl etc etc....

By the way, anyone know whats involved in relocating the Battery?

Is it something I'm lawfully aloud to do myself or do I have to get a trained mechanic to do it?

- Dan

  • Yaris member
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 11d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

there is a thread on the battery thing.. started just a couple days ago

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 22d
Posted

thanks for that SCRIBR... was an intersting read...

Anyone know where I might be able to pick up a second hand 6sp Man gearbox.... I thinking about transplant... Any opinions on whether its better to have gears changed or whether to upgrade to 6sp?

These are the sorts of things we want to know about our 6's....

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 28d
Posted (edited)

For multiple throttle body setups try Jays RPD http://www.jaysrpd.com.au/ they built me a twin tb manifold for my ba6 but the stock tune didnt handle it and I wasnt in the greatest financial state to get it tuned. it worked for about a week before the ecu gave up on it (it gave up after I fitted extractors and underdriven balancer - must have just tipped it over the edge) and wouldnt let it run right but man it went hard even on the stock tune (not even generic flash)

<div class='bbimg'>

DCP_2176.JPG_scaled.jpg
</div>

Oh and lets just say theres more of it to come ;)

Edited by Ruger
  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Very intresting :w00t2: Looks the goods there mate :stirthepot: Do you have to run a full aftermarket ECU now?

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 28d
Posted

That would be the easiest way but here are the setbacks haltech e11 ($2800 with loom) losing the cluster, radio and cruise control (thank ford for using a bloody can bus setup!) and the ecu wouldnt be able to control the auto. after speaking on the phone to haltech for about half an hour (the only ecu people that would listen to me and not say why bother on an NA) in the end it turned out to be - oh its the auto? the electric one? we cant help you mate.

A skilled tuner with the flash unit will be able to get it running. it was going to go into autotech (spiro said hell give it his best shot if he couldnt do it he wouldnt charge.) I just couldnt come up with the money as I didnt have the flasher to begin with anyway. im running a standard manifold again but it aint the end of that twin setup. for whatever its worth it will get proven.

Posted

Ruger, good to have you here mate. Your old set up has been talked about here before.

Ive had to take a look at other projects so my twin set up has been put back for now.

Did you get any dyno print outs with the twin on?

I'll PM you soon with some news about the project that are in the fire now. :Doh:

Good to have you here. NOSXR. :spoton:

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 8m 21d
Posted (edited)

Surely the aftermarket ECU can be piggy backed on to the existing system to do things the edit cant and allowing the cluster, radio and cruise to be run. Dynowog and a few other workshops got the EMS to control the motor successfully didnt they with no other bugs apparant?

Speak to a good workshop rather than an ECU distributor in regards to ECU's. They are the ones that fit these things.

Auto falcons since the EB have needed the factory ECU to be piggy backed to allow the trans to run. I had a aftermarket ECU running alongside my stock ECU in my EB. Same thing in my AU. Everything worked as per normal.

Edited by dansedgli
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 28d
Posted (edited)
Ruger, good to have you here mate. Your old set up has been talked about here before.

Ive had to take a look at other projects so my twin set up has been put back for now.

Did you get any dyno print outs with the twin on?

I'll PM you soon with some news about the project that are in the fire now. :spoton:

Good to have you here. NOSXR. :msm:

As long as theres always projects brewing mate all is well. :spoton:

I didnt get any dyno's done because when it was working the car wasnt in any real shape to be driven (no bonnet, not running 100% etc) but when she worked damn she had some poke. it didnt have any down low but I give that to the standard tune.

Look forward to hearing about the new projects im sure you got a few tricks up your sleeve :)

Dan - that's the idea I had I was under the impression the e series had a standalone transmission controller and I was talking to Dima @ Jays RPD about doing it that way with a megasquirt never quite happened but. another option is just put a c10 in the bastard.

I spoke to no less than 15 shops about it and basically no one could guarantee it. most said youll need a custom loom and top of the line ecu the vct was another drama.

Edited by Ruger

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...