Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Gender: Male Posted 06/08/07 12:44 AM Posted 06/08/07 12:44 AM Ford service - I love it.Got quoted $1300 to change front and rear rotors & pads all round with genuine parts.Paid less to get DBA4000 slotted disks, Bendix Ultimate pads and steel braided lines all fitted.As for handbrake adjustments - I throw out a challenge. I'll happily pay any dealer $250 to adjust my handbrake on the following conditions:1) The handbrake must actually work.2) No more stupid SHH SHH noise at low speeds or other strange groaning sounds when reversing for a period of 6 months.
Jordo Member 10 Member For: 19y 3m 4d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 27/08/07 10:39 AM Posted 27/08/07 10:39 AM (edited) well received a few quotes from a few people best was $100 (souther automotive, in tuggeranong) if I paid for the oil, the others were $180 (midas) and $220 (local bloke).I picked up 10L of Nulon 10w40 Full Synthetic for $100 at repco. The annoying thing is it only comes in 5L and 6L bottles, rather annoying considering the turbs takes 7L. They also had redline asking $100 for 2L. Edited 27/08/07 10:43 AM by Jordo
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 3d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 27/08/07 12:04 PM Posted 27/08/07 12:04 PM As for handbrake adjustments - I throw out a challenge. I'll happily pay any dealer $250 to adjust my handbrake on the following conditions:1) The handbrake must actually work.2) No more stupid SHH SHH noise at low speeds or other strange groaning sounds when reversing for a period of 6 months.Where are you from?I'll organise getting it adjusted properly and then take your money and I'll guarantee that the handbrake will be spot on.My handbrake has always functioned perfectly without fault being serviced by my dealer.It's good to have a dealer that actually knows what they are doing!
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 25d Posted 27/08/07 01:41 PM Posted 27/08/07 01:41 PM Do my cuzins service myself,Oil- fully syn the best $44 on discountoil filter $8Brake pads standard $65 fronts or brembos $190 for the front padsback brakes $70Adjust hand brake 10 min job.Ummm friend stamps book and wolahhhh$190, that's with all the brakes done to0,no brakes$52 dollars.$1300 kiss my ass tell them
hanra Into the laaaake Member 1,532 Member For: 19y 3m 14d Gender: Male Location: Nrth Qld Posted 30/08/07 05:26 AM Posted 30/08/07 05:26 AM (edited) Any other feedback from T owners in Cairns?Welcome to sunny Cairns. If you own a car here, simple rule is. Do all the work on it yourself. No one can be trusted.If you do need to take your car to a Fraud Dealership though. Call Hiland Fraud in Atherton, ask for Vickie. And get her to look after you. Tell her Brad sent you. They are a small dealership in a small town, they have to ensure they keep a good name otherwise word of mouth will send em under!!!! Edited 30/08/07 05:32 AM by hanra
Superoo Member 340 Member For: 23y 10m 28d Gender: Male Posted 05/09/07 01:38 AM Posted 05/09/07 01:38 AM Where are you from?I'll organise getting it adjusted properly and then take your money and I'll guarantee that the handbrake will be spot on.My handbrake has always functioned perfectly without fault being serviced by my dealer.It's good to have a dealer that actually knows what they are doing!Care to mention the dealer? Based on your comments, I think you are one of the fortunate ones who have never had any issues with a noisy handbrake, rather than your dealer being a genius. I have had my handbrake adjusted by 2 dealers and a third party and the same stupid rubbing noise persists. Ford even applied a TSB that was released for the exact problem and it still is no good. Happy to try someone else though.....
XR06T Legacy Donating Member 4,146 Member For: 21y 3m 6d Gender: Male Posted 05/09/07 02:31 AM Posted 05/09/07 02:31 AM I get the shhh shhh shhh once every 3 months.. just get up to about 30kph, yank the handbrake till it clunks, shhh shhh shhh gone!!
Ctyjet Member 72 Member For: 14y 10m 8d Posted 07/08/14 11:28 PM Posted 07/08/14 11:28 PM Recently I brought an fg xr6 turbo ute and its coming up to its 75,000km service, just wondering is it worth paying the extra to get it done at ford or will any mechanic do the same thing?
Rab WOT? Legacy Donating Member 10,981 Member For: 13y 7m 3d Gender: Male Location: Frankston, 3199 Posted 07/08/14 11:33 PM Posted 07/08/14 11:33 PM Any of the great shops on here would be my suggestion.There are some things that aren't part of the scheduled Ford service (and so won't be done by the lackey they get to work on your car) that the shops know to look at and pay attention to.Where abouts are you? Am sure some of the regulars will be able to point you somewhere local.
BRK Member 361 Member For: 14y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 08/08/14 12:00 AM Posted 08/08/14 12:00 AM Agree. Find a good shop and build the business relationship.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now