Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted

After having the T modded after a prang I was looking to wack an xr8 bonnet on the car.

For the price of normal bonet ford are asking around $400 :w00t2:

So what do you think an Xr8 one would be worth $600 Nope :pooh:

$800 Ahhhh Nah not even close :Doh:

Skip a bit and a final price of around.... Wait for it

$1600... :fool::nono::gooff:

How the fark can ford charge so much :spoton:

So hence the reason why im asking for a Firbre glass one

I saw a shockwave t the other day on the nasho run cruise with one on and it didnt look so good.

Does anyone else have one?? If so Pics and if you are happy with it (high quality would be best)

What are you thoughs on buying a second hand one.. Where could I find a second hand one. Does anyone know of a good ford wrecker in Syd that I may be able to get one from.

No more questions now

Thanks in advance :gtfo2:

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 28d
  • Location: WA
Posted

I would try awc mate they do goog figerglass work .

fiberglass bonnets arnt the best mine is 5mm to high on 1 side and u can also get ripples and bumps.

I got mine for $350 already painted

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted

This is my ute with the fibreglass HO bonnet. I haven't had any warping problems and I now live in Townsville! it lets the heat out very well and polishes up smoother than the metal panels on my ute.

And another thing is its different.

Brett

post-2018-1165314022_thumb.jpg

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 23d
Posted
This is my ute with the fibreglass HO bonnet. I haven't had any warping problems and I now live in Townsville! it lets the heat out very well and polishes up smoother than the metal panels on my ute.

And another thing is its different.

Brett

post-2018-1165314022_thumb.jpg

how much did your bonnet cost. Did you buy it painted and if not who painted it for you in t'ville? Looks great. Does the heat effect the paint at all, I know someone who has a fibreglass scoop on his T and the paint has faded from the heat. Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 3m 4d
Posted

I can help

Contact me and we can have a chat and if you buy a bonnet from me I will donate a percentage to the forum

Anthony

0419 044 472

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 9m 28d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

THE REASON ford put that price on the xr8 bonnet is to stop ppl buying them and putting them on xr6 and xr6 turbos.

you can get fibre xr8 bonnets for $650 plus paint most places in sydney

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 3d
  • Location: Port Kennedy WA
Posted
This is my ute with the fibreglass HO bonnet. I haven't had any warping problems and I now live in Townsville! it lets the heat out very well and polishes up smoother than the metal panels on my ute.

And another thing is its different.

Brett

post-2018-1165314022_thumb.jpg

There seems to be a large gap around the headlights and the top grill bit

or is it just the way the pictures been taken.

Does look good though with the 2 vents on the hump :spoton:

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Id be questioning the panel shop firstly before buying a fibreglass one.

The list price on the original plain bonnet is $365.00, the XR8 jobbie is $1500.

So, if the panel shop was decent enough, you should only have to pay the difference between the two. Most shops are more than happy to do this.

  • BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 1m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Southern Highlands NSW
Posted
Id be questioning the panel shop firstly before buying a fibreglass one.

The list price on the original plain bonnet is $365.00, the XR8 jobbie is $1500.

So, if the panel shop was decent enough, you should only have to pay the difference between the two. Most shops are more than happy to do this.

Thanks for all the replys guys

Its a big bloody difference for a bit of bloody sheet metal. I will probably just get the original for now and look into it later down the track when the $$$ are a bit better

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 4d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Townsville
Posted
This is my ute with the fibreglass HO bonnet. I haven't had any warping problems and I now live in Townsville! it lets the heat out very well and polishes up smoother than the metal panels on my ute.

And another thing is its different.

Brett

post-2018-1165314022_thumb.jpg

There seems to be a large gap around the headlights and the top grill bit

or is it just the way the pictures been taken.

Does look good though with the 2 vents on the hump :fool:

Good eyes. I had to raise the rubber stoppers to keep the bonnet from rubbing on my intake piping off the supercharger on the passenger side, otherwise this bonnet would sit flush.

TornadoJudd,

As far as fading goes I havent had any problems up here but the bonnet was painted in brisbane as I bought the car pretty much finished from Steve at RDP :glad:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...