Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 29/11/06 03:43 AM Author Posted 29/11/06 03:43 AM What I can tell you is thou, the F35 Joint Strike Fighter AA-1 is due for first flight.. Unfortunately I dont have a passport, and due to the short notice, I missed out :(Danny←The Joint Strike Fighter at the start of the month was doing engine run-up trial which was rated I think to 40,000lb of thrust... but by now the F35 should well and truly made its first flight. Not sure if it was the VTOL version or not? Still a nice aircraft but id prefer the F-22.Rob...
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 29/11/06 03:44 AM Author Posted 29/11/06 03:44 AM Check out http://www.flightlevel350.com Some military and a heap of commercial aviation videos.←Yep that's a great site!!! Rob...
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 29/11/06 05:51 AM Posted 29/11/06 05:51 AM The Joint Strike Fighter at the start of the month was doing engine run-up trial which was rated I think to 40,000lb of thrust... but by now the F35 should well and truly made its first flight. Not sure if it was the VTOL version or not? Still a nice aircraft but id prefer the F-22.The F35 was scheduled for first flight in September.. but AA-1 was not ready. The engine yes, was powered up recently, hrm, I believe we have footage here somewhere..But yes, the F22 is a piece of work is it not..Danny
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 28d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 29/11/06 06:04 AM Posted 29/11/06 06:04 AM The Joint Strike Fighter at the start of the month was doing engine run-up trial which was rated I think to 40,000lb of thrust... but by now the F35 should well and truly made its first flight. Not sure if it was the VTOL version or not?Its the most powerful single engine aircraft ever produced..There is 2 engines destined for the F35, Initially the Pratt & Whitney F135 and then later the General Electric/Rolls-Royce F136.. But yes, 38500 and 39500 lb of thrust... Compared to 23000lb which the Harrier's RR Pegasus engine has Also, there is only CV, STOVL, and CTOL no such thing as VTOLCarrier varient,Short take off vertical landing,Conventional take off and landinghttp://www.jsf.mil/f35/f35_variants.htmohh, and I found that video.. I'll find out if its classified for public release for those who are interested..Danny.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 26d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 29/11/06 07:06 AM Author Posted 29/11/06 07:06 AM The Joint Strike Fighter at the start of the month was doing engine run-up trial which was rated I think to 40,000lb of thrust... but by now the F35 should well and truly made its first flight. Not sure if it was the VTOL version or not?Also, there is only CV, STOVL, and CTOL no such thing as VTOLDanny.←vertical takeoff and landing aircraft (VTOL), craft capable of rising and descending vertically from and to the ground, thus requiring no runway.F-35 will be made in many versions, conventional take-off version for the Air Force, a carrier-capable variant for the Navy and a vertical take-off and landing (VTOL) configuration for the Marine Corps and the U.K. Royal Navy. The VTOL JSF was designed to replace the Harrier in about 10 to 15 years.Rob...
Guest newl Guests Posted 29/11/06 07:09 AM Posted 29/11/06 07:09 AM hehe, doubt it... It would expose ITAR information, and well.. lets just say US goverment doesnt take litely to breaches Eh. What they don't know or remember won't hurt me. I can't be recalled to active duty. :D
Guest Guests Posted 29/11/06 08:56 AM Posted 29/11/06 08:56 AM This guys the winner I want one, Im already taking a look at ebay for one, anyone want a to buy a pocket rocket its so last years to now.
SAMSXR6T Member 685 Member For: 21y 7m 29d Gender: Male Location: CENTRAL COAST Posted 29/11/06 08:59 AM Posted 29/11/06 08:59 AM that looks awsome
andyturbo Member 500 Member For: 22y 6m 24d Gender: Male Posted 29/11/06 11:51 AM Posted 29/11/06 11:51 AM some great stuff there rob, thanks for sharing those!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now