Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 24/11/06 09:56 AM Author Posted 24/11/06 09:56 AM More questions,If I was to get a BF typhoon would my Ba King Springs fit and would you buy or lease your car. (typhoon)Aaron
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 24/11/06 11:46 AM Posted 24/11/06 11:46 AM Yes the springs would fit as I moved my King springs from my BA T to the BF f6As for the lease/buy, it would depend on if you have the cash and if you can get a tax advantage.If it is business then lease, if personal and you have the cash, buy it.
bdazla Legacy Donating Member 71 Member For: 22y 3m 12d Posted 25/11/06 12:56 PM Posted 25/11/06 12:56 PM The auto spanks the manual. I own the ba mkII f6 manual. A few friends have the auto and it make me jealous. damm them to hell I say mwahahahah mwahahahah *cough* *cough* *choking on my own drole*
Pixy Angel Expert Legacy Donating Member 9,132 Member For: 21y 7m 13d Gender: Male Location: North Jamberoo, NSW Posted 25/11/06 01:04 PM Author Posted 25/11/06 01:04 PM ZAP, Today I rang Brenton about the Typhoon and I'm very happy with the car and Brenton too. It has Auto, Sport wheel, Leather, Mats and he'll but in window tint. (20% I hope)The only thing I really would like is factory Sat Nav as I already have it my car and I love it but at $3800 not to sure.Any way thanks heaps. I'll keep you posted.Cheers Aaron
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 25/11/06 01:07 PM Posted 25/11/06 01:07 PM Q1 simple two word answer - AUTOQ2 simple one word answer - Make sure you get premium leather and momo steering thing...... You will never, ever regret it.......Q3 Simple single equation - F6 + A6 X edit = averymindbogglingexperience(thatcannot)be replicatedunder250k..
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 25/11/06 03:32 PM Posted 25/11/06 03:32 PM Mate, save your money on satnav and buy either aftermarket that works off the ICC for about $2k.I had it in my T and I think my touchscreen $900 GPS works heaps better and has redlight cameras installed.Also optioning factory satnav will require a custom build car, or you "might" find a dealer stupid enough to have one on the floor.I am glad Brenton is looking after you, he is a great bloke.Also Auto is the only way to go in the F6, you will hate yourself if you got a manual.
Blonk Iconoclast Legacy Donating Member 4,330 Member For: 22y 13d Gender: Male Location: CH Posted 25/11/06 03:54 PM Posted 25/11/06 03:54 PM Probably wont hate yourself like the fat overweight moderators who only have ever had manuals since they owned a 180b....However they are the choice at the moment for motoring entusiast and not just kebab shop patrons....;This post is serving no actual purpose but making me the top poster for the day...... Yah
O2STOCK Legacy Donating Member 607 Member For: 21y 26d Location: Brisbane Posted 25/11/06 10:36 PM Posted 25/11/06 10:36 PM The auto F6 for me is the best option Like said before just drive one any you will see the difference. I took the manual for a extended test drive. It was fun but as soon as we hit traffic it was a pain.The auto on the other hand was great all round and heaps more performance, smooth and consistant.Tha manual seemed faster because I granny shift with heaps of delay in the gear changes fast - pause - fast etc.In the end it is your choice but what ever you do BUY THE LEATHER OPTION you can add the wheel and what ever else latter if you wish.Price I bought a BF phoon - leather - auto - fpv wheel - mats - tint - 18s 900Ks $52K drive away $60K too expensive for a car with 2000Ksjust my 2c
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/11/06 12:19 AM Posted 26/11/06 12:19 AM (edited) Aw come on fellas, the BF F6 manual aint that bad. You do loose boost between changes (advantage auto), but I can still change quick enough to get the tail wagging going into 2nd on the stock tune, even with the Michelin PS2s (love the BF clutch).Using Tranzmax Z instead of the standard Dexron III is mandatory as well, making it much easier and fun to change gears as opposed to the tractor shift that it is with the factory oil.You do have to work much harder for the same result with a manual when drag racing though. Edited 26/11/06 12:20 AM by Spruce
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 26d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/11/06 01:10 AM Posted 26/11/06 01:10 AM I do not think the F6 manuals are bad, only that the auto's are better suited.I think you will find that the resale is better on Auto's when it comes time to sell.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now