Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
Posted (edited)

I must say I am very annoyed at Ford for not improving the T beyond very minor tweaks.

Dont get me wrong - style wise etc I think the car is great (and wont be surprised if I like it more than my new SS-V when it arrives..at least the interior), and the 6 speed manual (and auto) is the ants pants and fantastic improvements, but where is the power??!!

These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

We all know how easy it is to increase power on the T's, and I reckon the standard T should be more like the Typhoon by now. There is no excuse for it as the extra production costs are tiny.

Expensive Daewoo are smart as they realise this, and increase KW by about 5kw every year. So if I buy another one in 2 years, at least I have an extra 10-15kw - enough to perhaps keep me interested as it will be a little quicker than my old one.

My first T near the start was 240kw. My second T 2 years later was 240kw. No change at all in power. They did a minor increase not too long after, but that's 2 1/2 years of no change - resting on their laurels. A pity. I am a big fan of continuous improvement and Ford has not been doing that power-wise. With a turbo powered car there is no excuse for that.

So here I am now...it will be just over 4 years since my first T, and the replacement T offered by Ford is a whole 5kw/30Nm more powerful than my first T 4 years ago....

that's not good progress in my book.

If the T was more like the Typhoon now, I would probably be looking at my 3rd T. Instead I am looking at a competitor's car...a real pity.

Edited by mickq
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

[

Sorry, I don't know what you think a sports car is, but large family 4 doors with beefed up motors and suspension ain't it.

Once agian, you seem easliy suckered by the Expensive Daewoo bullsh*t train. They are never a quick as Expensive Daewoo or the magazines say and if you haven't realised this by now, you never will. I find it hard to understand why someone would say they are spending 45-60k on something they 'regret' to have to buy??????????????????????? It's your money, if you don't really want what you're sspending it on, then don't do it. :blink:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

[

Sorry, I don't know what you think a sports car is, but large family 4 doors with beefed up motors and suspension ain't it.

Once agian, you seem easliy suckered by the Expensive Daewoo bullsh*t train. They are never a quick as Expensive Daewoo or the magazines say and if you haven't realised this by now, you never will. I find it hard to understand why someone would say they are spending 45-60k on something they 'regret' to have to buy??????????????????????? It's your money, if you don't really want what you're sspending it on, then don't do it. :roflmbo:

Man you really have some serious issues. BTW you have an identical clone on the LS1 forum but of course he thinks Fords are as sh*t as you think holdens are. If you two ever meet I can I be ring side for the main event.

:tease:

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: NSW
Posted
These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

[

Sorry, I don't know what you think a sports car is, but large family 4 doors with beefed up motors and suspension ain't it.

Once agian, you seem easliy suckered by the Expensive Daewoo bullsh*t train. They are never a quick as Expensive Daewoo or the magazines say and if you haven't realised this by now, you never will. I find it hard to understand why someone would say they are spending 45-60k on something they 'regret' to have to buy??????????????????????? It's your money, if you don't really want what you're sspending it on, then don't do it. :bringiton:

Man you really have some serious issues. BTW you have an identical clone on the LS1 forum but of course he thinks Fords are as sh*t as you think holdens are. If you two ever meet I can I be ring side for the main event.

:crybaby:

What do you think I have issues with?

The fact that I know big 4 doors aren't sports cars or the fact (as recognised by quite a few prople on this FORD based forum that the media is biased towards the Holdens. I case you haven't noticed, I have not directly said Holdens are sh*t. In fact, the cars and products themselves are practically line ball with what Ford has to offer. What I object to is the dishonesty in genreal of Expensive Daewoo the company.

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

Nah there both plastic cars anyway :bringiton: buy a euro :crybaby:

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted
I must say I am very annoyed at Ford for not improving the T beyond very minor tweaks.

Dont get me wrong - style wise etc I think the car is great (and wont be surprised if I like it more than my new SS-V when it arrives..at least the interior), and the 6 speed manual (and auto) is the ants pants and fantastic improvements, but where is the power??!!

These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

We all know how easy it is to increase power on the T's, and I reckon the standard T should be more like the Typhoon by now. There is no excuse for it as the extra production costs are tiny.

Expensive Daewoo are smart as they realise this, and increase KW by about 5kw every year. So if I buy another one in 2 years, at least I have an extra 10-15kw - enough to perhaps keep me interested as it will be a little quicker than my old one.

My first T near the start was 240kw. My second T 2 years later was 240kw. No change at all in power. They did a minor increase not too long after, but that's 2 1/2 years of no change - resting on their laurels. A pity. I am a big fan of continuous improvement and Ford has not been doing that power-wise. With a turbo powered car there is no excuse for that.

So here I am now...it will be just over 4 years since my first T, and the replacement T offered by Ford is a whole 5kw/30Nm more powerful than my first T 4 years ago....

that's not good progress in my book.

If the T was more like the Typhoon now, I would probably be looking at my 3rd T. Instead I am looking at a competitor's car...a real pity.

Looks aside, the current model T is not all that different from an F6... especially in the engine department. Same bottom end, same valve springs, same everything else except the rocker cover and an oil cooler and intercooler...

Honestly mate, if you are happy with something and are confident it will probably make you happy again if it had more power, go and buy a new one and get it edited! The price difference has to sway you closer to the blue oval surely!

Have you driven an edited car? An edit only (custom tune on a new BF auto) will get you a VERY quick car that is fun to drive all the time.

Have you driven a V8 for an extended period of time? (any T driver who gets into a v8 will agree with me... :crybaby: )

Seriously think about this, the little things you mentioned upon first impression of the new VE will eat away at you later on and annoy the crap out of you.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
Posted (edited)
These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

[

Sorry, I don't know what you think a sports car is, but large family 4 doors with beefed up motors and suspension ain't it.

Once agian, you seem easliy suckered by the Expensive Daewoo bullsh*t train. They are never a quick as Expensive Daewoo or the magazines say and if you haven't realised this by now, you never will. I find it hard to understand why someone would say they are spending 45-60k on something they 'regret' to have to buy??????????????????????? It's your money, if you don't really want what you're sspending it on, then don't do it. :crybaby:

ZZzzzzzzz....if you decide to say something intelligent, wake me up.....

And I dont spend $45-60k on them Halve that figure. Then take a bit more off it. Then throw in free fuel, tyres, servicing, insurance, rego etc, and you will have some idea what I pay. Obviously you didnt read my post.

And if you think it isnt a sports car, you are stupid. What market do you think its aimed at? What car segment do you think its in? Just because it has 4 doors doesnt mean its not a sports car.

I never take much note of press releases as ALL major companies fill them with crap. Ford is no exception, neither is Holden. I use them as a guide, until independent facts arrive.

I see you have been here all of a month or two. Havent added much value in that time, I bet.

Duh. You sure you arent confusing this with a Expensive Daewoo site where low IQ is often the norm? May I recommend ls1.com.au as a place you will fit right in?

Edited by mickq
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
Posted
These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

[

Sorry, I don't know what you think a sports car is, but large family 4 doors with beefed up motors and suspension ain't it.

Once agian, you seem easliy suckered by the Expensive Daewoo bullsh*t train. They are never a quick as Expensive Daewoo or the magazines say and if you haven't realised this by now, you never will. I find it hard to understand why someone would say they are spending 45-60k on something they 'regret' to have to buy??????????????????????? It's your money, if you don't really want what you're sspending it on, then don't do it. :crybaby:

Man you really have some serious issues. BTW you have an identical clone on the LS1 forum but of course he thinks Fords are as sh*t as you think holdens are. If you two ever meet I can I be ring side for the main event.

:crybaby:

Just a loser troll. Ignore him, or if its a pattern with his posts, ban him.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 9d
Posted (edited)
I must say I am very annoyed at Ford for not improving the T beyond very minor tweaks.

Dont get me wrong - style wise etc I think the car is great (and wont be surprised if I like it more than my new SS-V when it arrives..at least the interior), and the 6 speed manual (and auto) is the ants pants and fantastic improvements, but where is the power??!!

These are sports cars, and should not be sitting around watching the close competing products move forward by leaps and bounds to the point that the traffic light olympics may not be such a close call any more....the standard T's may lose.

We all know how easy it is to increase power on the T's, and I reckon the standard T should be more like the Typhoon by now. There is no excuse for it as the extra production costs are tiny.

Expensive Daewoo are smart as they realise this, and increase KW by about 5kw every year. So if I buy another one in 2 years, at least I have an extra 10-15kw - enough to perhaps keep me interested as it will be a little quicker than my old one.

My first T near the start was 240kw. My second T 2 years later was 240kw. No change at all in power. They did a minor increase not too long after, but that's 2 1/2 years of no change - resting on their laurels. A pity. I am a big fan of continuous improvement and Ford has not been doing that power-wise. With a turbo powered car there is no excuse for that.

So here I am now...it will be just over 4 years since my first T, and the replacement T offered by Ford is a whole 5kw/30Nm more powerful than my first T 4 years ago....

that's not good progress in my book.

If the T was more like the Typhoon now, I would probably be looking at my 3rd T. Instead I am looking at a competitor's car...a real pity.

Looks aside, the current model T is not all that different from an F6... especially in the engine department. Same bottom end, same valve springs, same everything else except the rocker cover and an oil cooler and intercooler...

Honestly mate, if you are happy with something and are confident it will probably make you happy again if it had more power, go and buy a new one and get it edited! The price difference has to sway you closer to the blue oval surely!

Have you driven an edited car? An edit only (custom tune on a new BF auto) will get you a VERY quick car that is fun to drive all the time.

Have you driven a V8 for an extended period of time? (any T driver who gets into a v8 will agree with me... :sleepystuff: )

Seriously think about this, the little things you mentioned upon first impression of the new VE will eat away at you later on and annoy the crap out of you.

The thing stopping me doing that (which I would love to do with my current T) is this:

- Even if I was to keep my standard car, it would cost 30% more than I currently pay in order for me to keep my old car. ie I can get a brand new car (but must keep it standard) and pay 30% less than I would otherwise pay. And it includes all costs - fuel, tyres, servicing etc in endless amounts.

- If I wanted to modify my T I would have to go a different path. I would have to pay (pre-tax) for all fuel, tyres etc. I do low k's so the fringe benefits tax would kill me too. To give you some idea, I do largely city k's and I use well over 23L/100km of Optimax, and less than 10,000km per set of rear tyres. As you can imagine, endless fuel, tyres etc makes a massive difference to the cost when you have stats like that!

Now on top of me suddenly having to pay for all those fuel and tyres, you need to keep in mind those are my figures for my STANDARD xr6T. Imagine what they would be like if the car was edited. I drive hard by anyone's definition. An edit would just allow me to drive harder.

Unfortunately its not cost effective to get my own T and do an edit. When my salary goes up a decent chunk I might well consider it (after someone here takes me for a spin in one and it appears good) but until then, the standard car option of either T or SS or SS-V is much, much, much cheaper.

Im used to my T, that's the biggest problem. 4 years of T's. Can drive it with my eyes shut and there isnt anything it can do that I cant make it do. Need a change. Upping the power would be awesome fun, but just not worth while given my other options. (Believe me, if you have the same options of endless fuel, tyres etc I do - so long as the car is standard - modding isnt so tempting).

Edited by mickq

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...