MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/06 01:27 AM Posted 30/10/06 01:27 AM Hey just got a quote from The Tyre Factory in Dandenong for those of use in VIC.... for $550 fitted... I thought that was a tad high.. Anyway I was told that they were illegal and I had to sign a form for them to fit em... He said the rear ssl springs were illegal but he called them ultra lows instead of ssl... is there a difference cause I have never heard of ultra lows before....
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 22d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 30/10/06 01:39 AM Posted 30/10/06 01:39 AM get him to double check because ULTRALOWS are different springs again to SSL..as the name says, their ULTRA low. about another inch over SSL's
NeedmorePower Member 192 Member For: 20y 10m 2d Posted 30/10/06 01:48 AM Posted 30/10/06 01:48 AM suspension city in north melbourne 380 or 350 I got mine done for sl fron and ssl in the rear also tell the guy in dandy to go f*ck him self the tosser
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/06 01:51 AM Author Posted 30/10/06 01:51 AM Ok so theres SL, SSL and now Ultra lows....Just got off the fone with Dandy Exhaust and they quoted me $380 fitted... cheapest so far...
bob^ Member 170 Member For: 22y 10m 27d Location: Geelong Posted 30/10/06 01:53 AM Posted 30/10/06 01:53 AM (edited) SSL is the lowest spring for the BA. It's in the catalogue. They refer to them as Ultralows.www.kingsprings.com.auI have SSL in the rear of mine, and if they made a lower spring, then trust me I'd have em. Edited 30/10/06 01:54 AM by bob^
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/06 01:53 AM Author Posted 30/10/06 01:53 AM suspension city in north melbourne 380 or 350 I got mine done for sl fron and ssl in the rear also tell the guy in dandy to go f*ck him self the tosser←Ok a bad experience I presume
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/06 01:56 AM Author Posted 30/10/06 01:56 AM SSL is the lowest spring for the BA. It's in the catalogue. They refer to them as Ultralows.www.kingsprings.com.au←So if that is correct than... they guy at tyre factory is saying they are illegal....but every1 has got em and are calling em SSL. I dont really care if they illegal cause a stock looking lowered T wont draw too much attention from the boys in blue...
MiKa Legacy Donating Member 4,243 Member For: 20y 1m 9d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, VIC Posted 30/10/06 01:59 AM Author Posted 30/10/06 01:59 AM Also how low will the car be with standard 17's I've only heard from of the boys with 18's and higher saying that bumps aint no probs but with smaller wheels will they be a problem??
Benny Member 1,869 Member For: 23y 1m 24d Gender: Male Location: Newcastle Posted 30/10/06 02:23 AM Posted 30/10/06 02:23 AM The SSL's make the car very close to being illegal I think you'll find. The minimum height allowed by the RTA is 100mm from the road to any fixed part of the vehicle. When I had standard SSL's in my car the measurement was pretty close to right on 100mm from the ground to the exhaust heat shield.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 30/10/06 02:33 AM Posted 30/10/06 02:33 AM (edited) Also how low will the car be with standard 17's I've only heard from of the boys with 18's and higher saying that bumps aint no probs but with smaller wheels will they be a problem??←This is what it looks like with 17's and SL and SSLIf you are looking at getting 19's though (or larger rims) wait untill you get the rims and tyres before lowering it.See below pic for 19's with same springs.The car has raised itself about an inch. (notice the height difference along the sideskirts)Im going to get custom springs made up to lower it again. Edited 30/10/06 02:35 AM by Bain
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now