C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/04/05 06:50 AM Posted 25/04/05 06:50 AM thanks Alan still not convinced though ... I haven't used a g-tech for a year or so and always wacked the weight of the car in (got some load cells too ) but not sure where this weight was exactly used other than in the derivation of hp ... will go for a bit of a read and a think still reckon F=MA would prevail in there somewhere .... though I can imagine the acceration being measured in g forces and time just ticks on is this like dropping an empty bottle and a full bottle of the top of a building ... which hits the ground first ?? as for flat roads ... look for river flats on any map ... always a nice stretch of bitumen a few k's long to be found <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can get ther manual off the website.Both jars would land at the same time as both haver the same force (gravity) applied to them, and same resistance (Air).The G-Tech can measure F (Force) as HP, but then it does require the Wieght of the car to be inputed.It then still uses then accelerometer to calculate how long it takes to move so much weight so far, so quick, to derive HP. I've never bothered with it Simpler to set it up for 0-60 or 1/4 mile. Takes 10 secs.Tur, were you measuring 0-60mph or 0-100km/h ???The Pro like mine only does one or the other. ie: Metric or Imperial...Think the RR and SS do both
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Posted 25/04/05 01:35 PM Author Posted 25/04/05 01:35 PM I was measuring 0-60mphdont think the led model can do 0-100 not sure
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 25/04/05 10:14 PM Posted 25/04/05 10:14 PM I was measuring 0-60mphdont think the led model can do 0-100 not sure<{POST_SNAPBACK}>There are 2 versions, ones imperial, and the others metric.They are almost always imperial, which means they measure 1/4 mile ( as well as 0-60mph)The metric would measure to 100km/h and 400m ?????
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 15d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 26/04/05 12:32 AM Posted 26/04/05 12:32 AM I was measuring 0-60mphdont think the led model can do 0-100 not sureThere are 2 versions, ones imperial, and the others metric.They are almost always imperial, which means they measure 1/4 mile ( as well as 0-60mph)The metric would measure to 100km/h and 400m ?????I didn't know you get a metric version!!I would have bought that...Dave.
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Posted 26/04/05 02:18 AM Author Posted 26/04/05 02:18 AM likewise, I got the imperial version if I knew they had the metric I would of got that 2.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 17d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 26/04/05 02:49 AM Posted 26/04/05 02:49 AM I'm pretty certain the metric version would not do 1/4 mile though. that's an imperial measurement There are probably also rare as rocking horse too Edit: Just checked the gtechpro site. Metric one does 0-100k and 0-400m (not qtr mile)
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 9d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 26/04/05 04:08 AM Posted 26/04/05 04:08 AM The test car I drove was a mk1 auto - and just planting the accelerator from standstill did a 6.0 0-100. The car did have ss induction on it though.
Guest PSIXR6 Guests Posted 26/04/05 10:16 AM Posted 26/04/05 10:16 AM (edited) When my car was new, about 1000kms on the clock and in stock trim I managed a 5.7*sec 0-100 with a G-TECH. Me 140kg and my mate 65kgSame time my 400m was 14.04 @ 165kmhAfter my mods as stated below, I managed 13.3 @ 175kmhDidnt catch the 0-100 time.Not bad for the old T5, 5spd Edited 26/04/05 10:17 AM by PSIXR6
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 26/04/05 11:20 AM Posted 26/04/05 11:20 AM I was measuring 0-60mphdont think the led model can do 0-100 not sure<{POST_SNAPBACK}>BUT your post said 0-100km/h - make up your mind!This explains the really good time - it's not really good when you consider that 100km/h is 62.15mph. Or if you like, your time represents 0-96.54km/h.
tur Flight 6 Member 471 Member For: 23y 1m 29d Posted 30/05/05 10:59 AM Author Posted 30/05/05 10:59 AM Hey guys my dealer friend at Ford leant me a typhoon for 3 hours to test drive by my self. Well worth the test, where ever I drove I got the head turns.The gearbox was abit clunky when it was cold but as the car warmed up it went away and was smooth and real easy to quick shift.Power delivery was gradual it build up, not like the xr6 turbo which goes on hard. Clutch took some getting used to as its very light compared to the xr6turbo, and car absorb bumpy roads nicely.Overall now I am thinking of getting the t56 instead of waiting for the 6speed auto to come out.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now