sparksy Member 49 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Posted 25/10/06 11:38 AM Posted 25/10/06 11:38 AM I'm sort of leaning towards New Oak at the moment.←Wouldnt touch them mate. We have our army BA work ute serviced by them. They tried to tell me the brake shudder was normal. I was in cams when I dropped it off. Told the bloke to look at it anyway. Had to tell him that I was a mech and that brake shudder isnt normal before he wrote down to fix the shudder.Took my F6 in for the service manager to look at the rear passenger window seal and the 5mm gap between it and the glass. Again told it was normal. Will never take my car there again.
ENVY-T CNUTOX Legacy Donating Member 3,098 Member For: 23y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: Not sure? Posted 25/10/06 11:41 AM Posted 25/10/06 11:41 AM I had my 60k service done recently, at a dealership, but a Nissan dealership, supplied my own oil and sh*t and it cost me 50 bucks! It's great to have mates that work at dealers!
Mildman Member 149 Member For: 20y 10m 22d Posted 25/10/06 10:57 PM Posted 25/10/06 10:57 PM Crap so if New Oak are trouble...who does it leave>New Oak, Wignal, Jefferson and CoffeyI've heard Coffey are REALLy bad.Wignal are maybe OK, Jefferson I've heard are a little dodge...Maybe they are all as bad as each other.Anyone had a good experience?I though I'd had a good experience at New Oak, (where they fixed a slow oil leak) - but a few months later I realised they haven't fixed it at all.
phantom ute Member 105 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/10/06 12:58 AM Posted 26/10/06 12:58 AM I dont go to a dealer because they r a rip off I go to my local work shop he is about $100 cheaper, he orders in what oil I want and dose the work him self not a 2nd year app
phantom ute Member 105 Member For: 20y 1m 15d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 26/10/06 01:00 AM Posted 26/10/06 01:00 AM forgot to add still keeps my warranty and I only go to ford for warranty work
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 24d Location: Sydney Posted 26/10/06 02:24 AM Posted 26/10/06 02:24 AM if only dealers warranty was like that :(
mattyc Member 141 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Posted 26/10/06 06:58 AM Posted 26/10/06 06:58 AM I go to jefferson.BA MK2 Turbo, $350 for a 30,000km service :(
Ghia Member 191 Member For: 23y 9m 25d Gender: Male Location: Aus.Vic.Melb Posted 26/10/06 09:42 AM Posted 26/10/06 09:42 AM I've been wondering where to take mine too as well?I'm past the 30k service which has been done (by the previous owner) and I need to take it in for some warranty work.I've got a realy wierd and abnormal shift between from 3->4 and have been wondering which is the best place to go and I'm in the same area.I had thought New Oak but I'm kinda off that idea now ?
Iconic Bionic My engine bay is Bionic Legacy Donating Member 3,726 Member For: 20y 6m 14d Gender: Male Location: Freeways Posted 26/10/06 10:06 AM Posted 26/10/06 10:06 AM I'd pay that for a dealership service and sounds very reasonable, although your other local mechanics like ultratune might be a touch cheaper.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now