Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Continuing on from another thread, it may be worthwhile listing who's having problems with their A6. Please state:

How much power is your car making

What occured

Any strange sounds etc

Was the trans being shifted manually/driven in normal mode/SSS mode

I've noticed mine makes a screaming noise if I take-off from standstill and keep pulling the selector through the gears before the tcc locks up. Noise happens in 4th gear. Also, I have a slight squeel when shifting from 3-4 at WOT with over 330rwkw. Other than that, trans is fine.

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Im the one and only
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: In my house
Posted

It screams and squeels but is fine :pinch:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 5m 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted (edited)

I think Shock killed his ZF??

Edited by SavageD
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 14d
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted (edited)

Also ShockXR is having problems I think with his ZF

Edited by O2STOCK
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 8m 24d
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)
It screams and squeels but is fine :laughing:

I should clarify, it squeels when attempting to lock the converter in 4th gear. What is occuring is that I am shifting through the gears before the lockup strategy enables. By the time it does, and engine speed vs. vehicle speed is met the trans attempts to lock the converter, but because there is so much load on the clutches it has difficulties, and makes a noise.

My solution is not to do something the trans wasn't designed to do :spoton:

I've spoken to my Ford guys and have been told the ZF's can be noisy when shifting gears under load. The trans doesn't have any issues running stock power outputs.

But I've never experienced gear-lockout or limp mode like some others have experienced.

Edited by M6 XR6T
  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 5d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)
It screams and squeels but is fine :spoton:

I should clarify, it squeels when attempting to lock the converter in 4th gear. What is occuring is that I am shifting through the gears before the lockup strategy enables. By the time it does, and engine speed vs. vehicle speed is met the trans attempts to lock the converter, but because there is so much load on the clutches it has difficulties, and makes a noise.

My solution is not to do something the trans wasn't designed to do :spoton:

I've spoken to my Ford guys and have been told the ZF's can be noisy when shifting gears under load. The trans doesn't have any issues running stock power outputs.

But I've never experienced gear-lockout or limp mode like some others have experienced.

what about the experience with Gregs ute at kwinana...?

Edited by hiddeous
  • F6+300+
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 10m 20d
  • Location: In The Ute
Posted
what about the experience with Gregs ute at kwinana...?

Hi Luke, Mine only Holds second gear if I have two much wheel spin using crap tires. With T1R's and/or MT Street radials its fine as it’s doesn’t spin to the extent that influences the transmission to hold second. (Only when in auto mode).

After some testing it would appear this is an ABS function for safety reasons and I can simulate it at will.

Mine still runs sweet as a nut >> Touch wood :blink:

  • 3 years later...
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 2m 20d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Gladstone
Posted

My ZF just pooped itself last night at Benaraby. Havn't got it apart yet but seems like a bearing on the input side. Pick revs up it sounds fine but sitting at idle sounds like someone threw steel balls inside. I can feel a rebuild coming on. Car was running 320rwkw on stock tyres and happened when I backed off in the burnout. Starting to not feel so confident about these ZF's when the BA 4sp could rip skids all day with similar power and no signs of worry. Not Happy Jan.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 16d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

Wow sounds like more ZF's are blowing up then BTR's

Whats going on?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...