XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 06:47 AM Posted 18/10/06 06:47 AM any ideas on how I can seal 2 lengths of nylon tubing? its for my oil pressure gauge.I tried using a silicon tube and zip tying the f*ck out of them but it didnt work. ended up spilling oil into the footwell ><tried shelly's multipurpose adhesive, but that didnt work well either?was thinking of melting them together but figure this will affect the accuracy of the gauges?am going to try gel supa glue next. that stuff seems to be able to bond anything, even my fingers, together.anyone else have any ideas?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 18/10/06 06:50 AM Posted 18/10/06 06:50 AM Your mad if you try and join them. If it splits and you don't notice you'll pump the oil out of your engine.Just get a bit the right length.
Chris xr6 Member 376 Member For: 22y 6m Location: Shire Posted 18/10/06 06:51 AM Posted 18/10/06 06:51 AM any ideas on how I can seal 2 lengths of nylon tubing? its for my oil pressure gauge.I tried using a silicon tube and zip tying the f*ck out of them but it didnt work. ended up spilling oil into the footwell ><tried shelly's multipurpose adhesive, but that didnt work well either?was thinking of melting them together but figure this will affect the accuracy of the gauges?am going to try gel supa glue next. that stuff seems to be able to bond anything, even my fingers, together.anyone else have any ideas?←Buy new tube that is not the kinda thing you should be a tightarse about, also mechnical gauges are illegal... mkay!
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 18/10/06 06:52 AM Posted 18/10/06 06:52 AM If you must use pipe for your oil gauge you can by olive type fittings from must hose supply places.But for safety I would use electric gauges.Ian
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 06:53 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 06:53 AM mechanical gauges are illegal? I tried buying a new length, infact I paid 15 bux for a new autometer one, and it was still too short!!tried bunnings and they didn't have nylon either, any other ideas? I really dont want go get under the car and redo the tpiecing. drain oil...remove filter...remove etc etc
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 06:54 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 06:54 AM already have the gauges :S and cant pawn them off anymore either, ive already cut the legs etc etc. trying to save up a bit of money for a sway bar lol
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 8d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 18/10/06 06:55 AM Posted 18/10/06 06:55 AM mechanical gauges are illegal? I tried buying a new length, infact I paid 15 bux for a new autometer one, and it was still too short!!tried bunnings and they didn't have nylon either, any other ideas? I really dont want go get under the car and redo the tpiecing. drain oil...remove filter...remove etc etc←As I stated above go to a hose supply place and get a olive style joiner.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 06:55 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 06:55 AM the joint needs to be made in the drivers footwell, the nylon made it past the firewall, all I needed was another 50cm. nylon ends just under the steering column
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 06:56 AM Author Posted 18/10/06 06:56 AM As I stated above go to a hose supply place and get a olive style joiner.←thanks, anyone know a hose supply place in sydney?
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/10/06 07:01 AM Posted 18/10/06 07:01 AM Jayeon,You must be running ti the long way.You should go through the PASSENGERS side footwell as there is a grommet there that gives short, easy access to the back of the dash.I also doubt you could find a joiner small enough to join the pipes. I would look at findingg a shorter path, as everyone that has use the same gauges have had no issue with the length of the pipe.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now