xxr64t XXR.64T Legacy Donating Member 560 Member For: 21y 3m 28d Gender: Male Location: sydney's east!!! Posted 05/10/06 04:54 AM Posted 05/10/06 04:54 AM If I drive in the city and give it a bit of a squirt I do 24 L/100kms. Conservative is around 19.Count your luck stars to do 18.←u sure your not a hard driver. I avg 14.9l and im in traffic, and give it squirts frequently . And also cruise so in traffic a bit plus do a few trips on m5. ps. car standard
byi Legacy Donating Member 159 Member For: 21y 1m 9d Posted 05/10/06 05:10 AM Author Posted 05/10/06 05:10 AM If I drive in the city and give it a bit of a squirt I do 24 L/100kms. Conservative is around 19.Count your luck stars to do 18.←u sure your not a hard driver. I avg 14.9l and im in traffic, and give it squirts frequently . And also cruise so in traffic a bit plus do a few trips on m5. ps. car standard←Positive, I dont tow either.It's very confussing seeing such varying results from memebers. Im dreeding to see how much ford would charge for a re-map.
TUFXRT6 Legacy Donating Member 687 Member For: 20y 6m 10d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/10/06 05:15 AM Posted 05/10/06 05:15 AM I really need to show my misses this thread.I always get accused of sinking the boot in & yet my fuel use (if its correct) is around 12.5l/100k!!!!! But saying all this I always seem to be filling up.
T007 Woooooooosh Legacy Donating Member 734 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Location: Sydney Posted 05/10/06 06:15 AM Posted 05/10/06 06:15 AM No mods doneThe occasional squirt and average 14.5 to 15lper 100km95-98 BP used all the time
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 8m 21d Location: Sydney Posted 05/10/06 06:40 AM Posted 05/10/06 06:40 AM get a custom tune and ask for an economy tune. it works really well. also check your spark plugs, mine were gone and after being replaced im getting 300+kms from spirited driving
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 05/10/06 06:46 AM Posted 05/10/06 06:46 AM When the ute was stock, I was getting 19.5 l/100 km around town and about 12.5 l/100 km on interstate trips.Now with Edit and other goodies....17.5 l/100km around town, and on interstate trips she continually returns around 10.0 to 10.5 l/100km.. depending on how many double-B semis I need to fly past.And this is with over 300 kW at the treads available.I am a very happy vegemite, that a performance car like this can still return good figures whilst cruising, and be easy to drive day to day.I think the XR6T provides bloody good fuel economy for a full sized performance vehicle capable of easy 12's. Around town.... forget about it. Accept that they are thirsty.The Boss V8 is even worse!!! try over 20l plus /100 km around town. tom
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 22d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 05/10/06 07:09 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:09 AM Mate its normal don't worry about it. Its a 4L turbo 6.... cant expect good fuel economy at low speed. I get 18 - 19L around town and 10.4L at consistent 90 - 150 km/hr driving.
MYWPN Legacy Donating Member 554 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: Bendigo Posted 05/10/06 07:25 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:25 AM I agree with alot on here, that does not sound to excessive considering the traffic driving, stop start driving is the worst for fuel economy unless booting it
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 4d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 05/10/06 07:51 AM Posted 05/10/06 07:51 AM My average is 11.6L/100km with an average speed of 47km/h.
homerj Member 52 Member For: 22y 11m 19d Location: Berwick,Melbourne Posted 05/10/06 10:14 AM Posted 05/10/06 10:14 AM Recent trip from Melbourne to Barossa Valley had us at 10.8l/100 which I was very happy with. This was even with all the windows down and sunroof open. Bloody thing overheated on the way across and the only way to keep the engine cool was to put the heating on full and fan on full (AC cuts out at half way anyway).Pain in the arse! Ended up being the bloody thermostat sticking!Usually get around the 12.8 mark though with bad start/stop traffic between Berwick and Camberwell and spirited driving from the same start place and bayswater.Homerj
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now