GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 7d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 03/10/06 01:55 PM Posted 03/10/06 01:55 PM Well just got new Dunlop 3000's on the Rears as the backend started giving me the parras over the past couple of weeks.Only done 27K in my stock T, have I passed the hoon test yet?The guys at Bob Jane asked if I drive her hard - had to tell the truth, so they've adjusted the camber towards my style of driving. Also they noticed I had been loosing boost due to a clamp/pipe that had come away, so this was tightened.Now from 0-10000K's I would rarely boot my T much at all, with my new tread I left Bobbie T's sideways and after booting it realised how much power I had been missing which was obviously from the boost leak.I'll be back for more tread in a few weeks at this rate.
Chris xr6 Member 376 Member For: 22y 6m Location: Shire Posted 03/10/06 02:14 PM Posted 03/10/06 02:14 PM What do you push it?I toasted my rears at around twelve thousand, non turbo no burnouts
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 11d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/10/06 02:14 PM Posted 03/10/06 02:14 PM 27,000kms? ppfffft My rear SP9000s were driven bare by ~23,000kms. They started scaring me a bit before that too.Nice colour by the way
GEoMaNTiK Member 179 Member For: 20y 11m 7d Location: Melb (Mexican) Posted 03/10/06 03:18 PM Author Posted 03/10/06 03:18 PM Wait a sec, I didn't even take my machine sideways until after about 12K on the clock.So by my calculations, that's only 15K of rubber rippin delight. And I don't know how long I've been lacking boost, so I'll come good guys...Chris - 12K is an awesome effort, you should just hook up a standing order with the tyre shop, holy crap!
gassit Grow old not up! Legacy Donating Member 227 Member For: 22y 5m 17d Location: Behind the wheel. Posted 03/10/06 09:24 PM Posted 03/10/06 09:24 PM 34,000 klms260KW edited car. no burnouts and I drive normal.Ive just put Maxiss tyres on and a good comprimise for grip and wear as I do this sort of Klms per year.Steve
seventytwo Still have a turbo, it's just on a diesel. Legacy Donating Member 5,368 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: The 8th Dimension Posted 03/10/06 09:51 PM Posted 03/10/06 09:51 PM Sp300035,000 on the rears and the fronts now on the rear at 40,000ks and a few ks left in them yet. No burnouts or donuts but plenty of power take offsMaxxis, the bang for your Buck winner.
Bain Member 827 Member For: 21y 7m 1d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 03/10/06 10:04 PM Posted 03/10/06 10:04 PM 10,000kms, changed out at 12,000km's thoughI did alot of hill run's though.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 03/10/06 10:43 PM Posted 03/10/06 10:43 PM The dunlop SP3000's lasted me 12km.Distance from dealer to Bob Jane
MUZ580 Member 448 Member For: 20y 6m 1d Gender: Male Location: Manly - Sydney Posted 03/10/06 10:52 PM Posted 03/10/06 10:52 PM I've done 36000 on mine with 249rwkw and only 3 burnouts at the drags. Getting them changed Saturday morning for Goodyear F1's and picking up my car today with over 300rwkw.....see how long these ones last!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now