Mals BA XR6T Member 381 Member For: 23y 9m 28d Location: Sydney Posted 16/05/03 12:13 AM Posted 16/05/03 12:13 AM How much does your "standard" BOV sell for, or what is the price range?
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 16/05/03 12:15 AM Posted 16/05/03 12:15 AM Make sure you turn it up all the way for the cruise, I want to be able to hear you guys comming from a mile away
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 8m 24d Location: North Brisbane Posted 16/05/03 01:55 AM Posted 16/05/03 01:55 AM Hey Chris, have you had any dramas with rough idling, back firing, exhaust popping ?? It would be harder to replicate in yours being an auto. The only real way would be to hold a gear and full throttle and back right off and then full throttle again a few times to see. The good thing about a turbo auto, full throttle gear changes so no turbo pressure lost between changes like a manual.
Guest xr6 turbo Guests Posted 21/05/03 04:21 AM Posted 21/05/03 04:21 AM Thanks for all the info Chris. I've ordered one today and I'll fit it on the weekend. The Guys from GFB were very helpful and informative and I would recomend them to anyone.Rob
Guest JESMAL Guests Posted 21/05/03 05:34 AM Posted 21/05/03 05:34 AM Looks absolutely great CJF! I'm havign a RED one fitted in my XR6 soon, replacing the BOSCH bov which died on me after only 3 months of use. Apparently the diaphragm was stuffed. Even though the mechanic replaced the BOV f.o.c., I think investing a little more would be wiser. Of course after reading your review and that of another member at FordForums of the GFB Stealth FX, I'm definitely getting one for myself.Only question is, it looks like a bloody snug fit in your T, how in the world do you reach in to make adjustments to the noise level?
rjs Legacy Donating Member 525 Member For: 23y 9m 6d Location: Sydney Posted 21/05/03 06:18 AM Posted 21/05/03 06:18 AM The adjustible knob can be accessed very easily, you don't need to fuss around with moving this and that. Just pop the bonnet and twist the knob.
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 8d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 21/05/03 11:49 AM Posted 21/05/03 11:49 AM Sorry Chris, and no offence, but it smells a bit "RICER"Why would you fit bits to your car if they don't make it either look better or go faster? I'm considering the CAPA stage 1 kit for mine at the moment, as all the promises from the "chipping gurus" are going nowhere at the moment.I'll keep you all updated when it is fitted!
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 21/05/03 11:52 AM Author Posted 21/05/03 11:52 AM Yeh I guess it is a bit ricer.. but ive always liked the noise.. its not all the time only if you give it a bit and then release the accelerator it goes off.. You can adjust it which is good..Dont worry im going to do the mods too! it wasnt a performance increasing thing.. just the noise.. I like it.. and i guess each to its own :D
Guest Guests Posted 21/05/03 09:36 PM Posted 21/05/03 09:36 PM JESMAL,you adjust it with the special tool that comes with the kit, chopsticks.
Mondie Firm Member Legacy Donating Member 2,924 Member For: 23y 11m Location: Adelaide Hills Posted 21/05/03 10:54 PM Posted 21/05/03 10:54 PM JESMAL,you adjust it with the special tool that comes with the kit, chopsticks.Harsh,Funny but harsh :D
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now