Guest Guests Posted 19/09/06 12:28 PM Posted 19/09/06 12:28 PM Dont wash the bores with all that extra fuel mate... I woudnt drive it, spend 100 or so on a tow truck dude←the first good peice of advice I have seen except for he did not sugest that your mate that new it all should pay for the towing so he learns not to give advice when he don't know better!!!! :gunsfiring: :biggun:
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 27d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 19/09/06 01:55 PM Posted 19/09/06 01:55 PM Is it worth putting the staned ones back in to see if the cluncking noise go's away ?????←No not worth, but its bad! I dont understand how putting injectors in caused that but obviously it has somehowInjector scaling needs doing in map, don;t stress, and don't drive it too far.←Im stressing my head off!. I feel like I shouldnt of touched it and let nick do it but my mate bad buzzed me and said its not hard we can do it and save urself some money. I can say now that id rather of paid the money as the car feels like crap and I have big regrets. Im most worried about the driveline clunk and noises its making coz its extremely bad and 100 times notasable than usual.Nesh←You dicksnap.. It'll be fixed shortly, then you will be stressin bout your tyres.←Id rather be stressing over tires then a muffed car.←The problem is the larger injectors are using the same % capacity as the standard ones were running. This will mean that if the injectors are 50% bigger your putting 50% extra fuel into the engine. This will cause it to flood. I'd suggest giving Nick a ring and seeing if its safe to drive to his shop. If not get it towed there.Geea.
Barry Blue Powered by Ford's 3.7 V6 = Zoom Zoom Zoom! Member 890 Member For: 21y 11m 9d Gender: Male Location: Tweed Heads Posted 19/09/06 08:12 PM Posted 19/09/06 08:12 PM Why dont you ride your pushbike over to Nic, give him your flashbox plus carton of rum, and get him to flash a quick tune in that would be safe to drive :gunsfiring: Dont give him the Rum until he does the tune Good luckClarke
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 18d Posted 19/09/06 08:16 PM Posted 19/09/06 08:16 PM Tow the bloody thing to Nicks please, for the 50-80 odd dollars a tow is worth its cheaper than pulling your motor apart and im damm certian all your dramas will be fixed there. So dont stress you cant have farked the driveline by changing injectors, aslong as they dont leak youve done the job ok
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 19d Location: Canberra Posted 19/09/06 10:19 PM Posted 19/09/06 10:19 PM Why dont you ride your pushbike over to Nic, give him your flashbox plus carton of rum, and get him to flash a quick tune in that would be safe to drive :biggun: Dont give him the Rum until he does the tune Good luckClarke←that's what I'd be doing :gunsfiring: except I'd get a lift with "the" mate. Oh, and he could supply the rum.
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Posted 20/09/06 12:40 AM Posted 20/09/06 12:40 AM Front up at Nick's.Hand him the folding and he'll give you the flashbox with a safetune to get the car to the shop without risking your cat.I just hope you haven't already f*cked it with the driving you've done since the change.
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 6d Location: Canberra Posted 20/09/06 05:05 AM Posted 20/09/06 05:05 AM I'm not normally one to sink the boot in, but it's seriously scary to see members (especially those that have been here for a while) thinking that these cars will run larger injectors safely on factory tunes, especially given the plethora of great info readily available, and regularly discussed, on this site. Hope it all works out for you in the end with no damage done, nesh.
Hazey Member 234 Member For: 23y 2m 3d Posted 20/09/06 05:09 AM Posted 20/09/06 05:09 AM I had to take my car into ford for some warranty work. Including diff and gearbox leak.I have the bigger injectors and flashed in the factory tune so if they did hook it up to the computer they would no it was edited.How much do you have to drive it to cause damage? I assume they are going to take it around the block for a drive.Now I'm worried
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 6d Location: Canberra Posted 20/09/06 05:11 AM Posted 20/09/06 05:11 AM Mate, trying to hide Edit from the dealer is one thing. Trying to hide the fact that you have larger injectors is quite another - they're not complete idiots. If I were you, I'd just come clean and tell 'em what you've done. Then either tell 'em not to drive it or go over and flash back an appropriate tune, preferably a valet one.
xrdreaming Legacy Donating Member 1,693 Member For: 23y 8m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 20/09/06 05:13 AM Posted 20/09/06 05:13 AM For starters the plugs will be fouled and with all of that excess fuel in the system your cat will start to melt and be stuffed in no time.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now