sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 08/09/06 01:14 AM Posted 08/09/06 01:14 AM Hi All,Just wanting to know from the guys who have had surge tanks fitted as to whether they can here their fuel pumps running from in the cabin. When my car's idling, I can hear the pump over the stereo. Doesn't seem normal to me, but WTF do I know.
CSV_LS1 Member 303 Member For: 22y 6m 28d Gender: Male Posted 08/09/06 01:26 AM Posted 08/09/06 01:26 AM Hi All,Just wanting to know from the guys who have had surge tanks fitted as to whether they can here their fuel pumps running from in the cabin. When my car's idling, I can hear the pump over the stereo. Doesn't seem normal to me, but WTF do I know. ←FSIX's setup you can hear it a little with no music on but goes away with the stereo on low.Are the pumps rubber mounted?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 19d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 08/09/06 03:31 AM Posted 08/09/06 03:31 AM Hi Phil. I was talking with Rob about this issue. Mine has rubber seperating the pump from the tank which eliminates the noise. I think if you do similar this will solve your problem.Geea.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 15d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 08/09/06 04:02 AM Posted 08/09/06 04:02 AM I had an 044 on my last car. Rubber mounted, but I also wrapped it in insulator to shut it up. It worked well..
sutty Mushroom Legacy Donating Member 799 Member For: 22y 4m 15d Gender: Male Location: THORNLANDS, QLD Posted 08/09/06 04:10 AM Author Posted 08/09/06 04:10 AM Hi Phil. I was talking with Rob about this issue. Mine has rubber seperating the pump from the tank which eliminates the noise. I think if you do similar this will solve your problem.Geea. ←I had an 044 on my last car. Rubber mounted, but I also wrapped it in insulator to shut it up. It worked well..←Thanks guys. I'll look at using some rubber and perhaps some insulator as well.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 15d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 08/09/06 04:23 AM Posted 08/09/06 04:23 AM The APS setup (inline Bosch pump) comes with rubber insulated mounting brackets. I have had no issues with excessive noise... I can hear it when it primes the fuel rail as I switch key to ON just prior to starting engine, but no other noise whilst running. but then again, I'm an "Old Bastard" who's partially deaf! tom
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 08/09/06 05:43 AM Posted 08/09/06 05:43 AM mine I can here at idle, but soon as you start moveing you cannot here it.(hpf one)
ktford FORD FORD FORD Legacy Donating Member 9,390 Member For: 23y 6m 13d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Point In Brissy's eastern side Posted 08/09/06 10:07 AM Posted 08/09/06 10:07 AM A piece of inner tube always worked well in the old days, cheap to boot
benmwhite Legacy Donating Member 143 Member For: 22y 4m 4d Gender: Male Location: Toowoomba Posted 11/09/06 03:50 AM Posted 11/09/06 03:50 AM Mine is particularly loud after I give it a boot around town.... really only notice it at the lights on idle, but it does draw a few glances from other drivers... almost sounds like cavitation which is wierd.... otherwise - I dont even ntice it ....anyone else have the same experience?
Headsex Legacy Donating Member 2,528 Member For: 21y 1m 20d Gender: Male Location: Melb Posted 09/11/06 11:11 PM Posted 09/11/06 11:11 PM Hi Phil. I was talking with Rob about this issue. Mine has rubber seperating the pump from the tank which eliminates the noise. I think if you do similar this will solve your problem.Geea. ←hey G man, you got a picture of your surgetank setup and mounting position ??Dan.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now