k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/18 02:30 AM Posted 04/01/18 02:30 AM 1. get genuine coils. 2. get a new and more competent tuner to fix the idling/slowing/stalling problem. have a look around this thread for one in Sydney -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/82602-recommended-tuner-workshop-new-south-wales/ 3. profit???
Puffwagon Legacy Donating Member 16,348 Member For: 11y 8m 2d Gender: Not Telling Posted 04/01/18 02:32 AM Posted 04/01/18 02:32 AM (edited) Sounds like valve springs and coils. If you know the spark gap is right then I'd look at getting some genuine coils in it. Sh*tty springs will cause the lifters to pump up and do the shuddering thing after a thrashing. Edited 04/01/18 02:32 AM by Puffwagon
Jacobcurtis New Member 21 Member For: 9y 5m Posted 04/01/18 02:40 AM Posted 04/01/18 02:40 AM (edited) Yea I was planning on doing coils very soon, I can drive it light throttle and it’s doesnt mis, as soon as I plant it, it behaves like a pig, it keeps trying to boost but just keeps mis firing, only high rpm though... live in qld and the fella that owned it before me, got it tuned at torque n tune on the Sunshine Coast. They are a good mob the do a lot of xr6t’s around the coast there. And plug gap should be fine as the plugs that went into them are for the xr6t and the gap would be measured at the factory. Edited 04/01/18 02:43 AM by Jacobcurtis
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/18 02:53 AM Posted 04/01/18 02:53 AM a lot of plugs come with 1.1mm (or bigger) as standard for an xr6t, and if you have a 10psi or higher tune, then 0.8mm is a better spark plug gap. The specifications of the specific model of plug you bought will tell you the gap they come with out of the box. If you live in QLD, go through this thread instead of the NSW one -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/83001-recommended-tuner-workshop-queensland/
Jacobcurtis New Member 21 Member For: 9y 5m Posted 04/01/18 03:07 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:07 AM Cheers for that ok I did not know that, could be worth looking at the gap cause it got worse as I put new plugs in, checked them yesterday and being 1 week old their black as! I want to replace the coils and put genuine in anyways.
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/18 03:09 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:09 AM let us know how it goes once you've done those two things
Jacobcurtis New Member 21 Member For: 9y 5m Posted 04/01/18 03:35 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:35 AM I just had a look at my plugs on ngk site, they have 1.1mm gap, so what do I do there?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/18 03:39 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:39 AM take them out and re-gap them, as per this post -> http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/topic/28240-missing-at-high-revs/?do=findComment&comment=1649872
Jacobcurtis New Member 21 Member For: 9y 5m Posted 04/01/18 03:43 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:43 AM Ok thanks mate I’ll have a look, I just did a bit of research and the lpg spark plugs are 0.8 gap and they are the iridium ones, they should work yea? Shouldn’t be any difference between lpg spark plug to standard ones hey?
k31th less WHY; more WOT Site Developer 30,112 Member For: 18y 5m 21d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 04/01/18 03:44 AM Posted 04/01/18 03:44 AM yeah, they'll work fine.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now