GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 13/08/03 04:00 AM Posted 13/08/03 04:00 AM 170 to 185 for auto would appear to be the norm not sure about manual. Before any mods ours was 173 this was repeated three times.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 13/08/03 04:41 AM Posted 13/08/03 04:41 AM My untouched masterpiece with auto 11000km and premium unleaded had 201rwkw. Hope that helps. Untouched geea ? That's not what your signature says... True Aniken, the BMC filter and cold air 2nd intake were both installed after the Melbourne dyno day. Sorry if it caused any confusion.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 13/08/03 07:28 AM Posted 13/08/03 07:28 AM mine got 283rwhp (210kw) standard xr6t auto. sorry with no air cleaner.all done at local ticford club dyno day in perth.
Guest GT_APEX Guests Posted 14/08/03 07:25 AM Posted 14/08/03 07:25 AM dad's xr6 comes on friday, lets see how long he can hold onto his warrenty before the modification bug bites!!, he's already been talkn about wanting big brakes for it!!! lets hope this site gives him a nudge in the right direction. B)
KEN 24T Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky Member 7,371 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Gender: Male Location: The Shire, Middle Earth Posted 14/08/03 07:44 AM Posted 14/08/03 07:44 AM dad's xr6 comes on friday, lets see how long he can hold onto his warrenty before the modification bug bites!!, he's already been talkn about wanting big brakes for it!!! lets hope this site gives him a nudge in the right direction. B)GT_Apex, hi and welcome, You sound young ... ...nah, just can't do it! :nugget: ...Welcome to the site and have a great time, good people and a great car make for an enjoyable experience.
1axr TEAM BLUEPRINT Member 913 Member For: 23y 8m 5d Location: Perth W.A. Posted 14/08/03 09:47 AM Posted 14/08/03 09:47 AM welcome to the forum gt_apex.go on ken you can do it.remember one foot after the other.
Guest kelvin01au Guests Posted 14/08/03 11:19 AM Posted 14/08/03 11:19 AM yes it is the alloy box on the lh inner guard. I have had some off to fit unichips. I have not tried to open one up though. kel.....
Guest kelvin01au Guests Posted 14/08/03 11:22 AM Posted 14/08/03 11:22 AM yes it is the alloy box on the lh tower. I have had some off to fit unichips but have not tried to open one yet. kel....
Ninka Legacy Donating Member 1,850 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/08/03 03:41 PM Posted 14/08/03 03:41 PM 170 to 185 for auto would appear to be the norm not sure about manual. Before any mods ours was 173 this was repeated three times. I agree, mine was 173.2 max power before modifications.One thing I have found most intriguing, is that the turbo pressure (with CAPA Stage 1 kit) initially is 7.5 - 8 psi when accellerating hard, but then quickly gets pulled down to about 5.5 - 6 psi after a couple of runs, and stays there.Turn the key off, leave off for a couple of minutes, and she's back up to 7.5 - 8 psi again on next run Anyone else experiencing this?I know tha car does this in standard version as well, and Mark of Mark's Workshop felt that it may have been oil temperature that caused the ECU to turn things down a little. I'm just puzzled that the turbo pressure is back up after leaving the key off for a couple of minutes, at least till she's run hard again, then it drops again, so I'm assuming the ECU gets a reset every time the key is turned off.Any other clues anyone?
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 18d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 14/08/03 07:18 PM Posted 14/08/03 07:18 PM Ninka I am not sure how the capa system totally works but I know the chiptorque unit I have fitted sits on 9 psi no matter how hard and how often it is driven hard the only think I have noticed is the boost spike up to 13 psi as the auto changes gears. Also I have fitted a engine oil cooler to our car. It would appear the computor is pulling the boost back to standard with the capa unit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now