Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 25/08/03 07:00 AM Posted 25/08/03 07:00 AM The little cooler with the fins on it under the intercooler is for the power steering. The trans fluid cooler is built into the radiator on the BA the same as the AU, pre AU cars had a separate trans cooler.
GOLDIE My new toy Legacy Donating Member 5,344 Member For: 23y 5m 19d Gender: Male Location: stanthorpe wine capital of qld. Posted 25/08/03 10:10 AM Posted 25/08/03 10:10 AM The little cooler with the fins on it under the intercooler is for the power steering. The trans fluid cooler is built into the radiator on the BA the same as the AU, pre AU cars had a separate trans cooler. The turbo has an extra cooler for the power steering up the top behind the grill which is hooked in series to the lower one.Ian
Henry Member 180 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Not Telling Posted 25/08/03 11:38 PM Posted 25/08/03 11:38 PM Ok I have been reading this thread over the months and was interested in the bit about Rob Herrod discussing internal mods for a customer before he starts increasing boost.This morning I was at my Dealer having a chat about this and that and the subject of mods came up. The service manager stated that he knew of one T that had been piggy backed to 9 pounds and had "blown its internals to bits". He went on to state that in order to fiddle you need to start with rods, pistons and valve springs. His words were " big modifications are needed".Well that's good enough for me, seems that Rob Herrod was right on the money again.So we have all been warned.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 26/08/03 12:50 AM Posted 26/08/03 12:50 AM Henry> funny that several people have been running 9psi and above for quite some kms and haven't yet had a problem with the bottom end - certainly not going to argue with the fact that you could make the bottom end stronger but just questioning the cost benefit unless you are chasing 500 hp ??? - valve springs however are a known issue, even on the atmo engines, so that seems to be a luck of the draw thing if you got a bad set of springs in your motor. I believe the springs have had a production line upgrade to ensure no new motors will suffer the prob.
Guest Mr Walker Guests Posted 26/08/03 01:33 AM Posted 26/08/03 01:33 AM Hey Henry, heard of any standard cars that have "blown their internals to bits"? - There's probably as many standard cars as modified ones that have blown up.There's plenty of cars running around on nine psi without any problems.If you want to go ballistic and run around 20psi then its a different story but the std internals should handle moderate increases in boost.And what sort of authority on modified cars is the average service manager? - most of them would have no idea.
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 26/08/03 01:46 AM Posted 26/08/03 01:46 AM I got a good idea, why doesn't someone hang a T72 off the side of an XR8!!!sorry, I'm just bored....Dave.
Turbo6man Legacy Donating Member 4,084 Member For: 24y Gender: Male Location: South Coast NSW Posted 26/08/03 02:22 AM Posted 26/08/03 02:22 AM I got a good idea, why doesn't someone hang a T72 off the side of an XR8!!!sorry, I'm just bored....Dave. Because you aren't allowed to drive with things hanging out the side of your car .... heheheh.
XR6TK1W1 Member 435 Member For: 23y 6m 16d Location: Wellington NZ Posted 26/08/03 04:40 AM Posted 26/08/03 04:40 AM I got a good idea, why doesn't someone hang a T72 off the side of an XR8!!!sorry, I'm just bored....Dave.Because you aren't allowed to drive with things hanging out the side of your car .... heheheh. Very true. I got pulled over last time I had the missus hanging out the side of the car, nothing ofcourse to do with me pushing her out at the time.
Guest bad xrt Guests Posted 26/08/03 10:47 AM Posted 26/08/03 10:47 AM Hello people,Going to work this morning I noticed that my engine light came on while I had it underload in 3 gear auto.But there was no power loss of any sort or any strange nioses.But when I took my foot off the throttle the engine light went off!It happened on a few occasions but still no power loss etc.Rang the dealer to book it in for a check up.Has anyone else experienced this problem?
fordboy1981 Legacy Donating Member 2,076 Member For: 23y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne, Vic Posted 26/08/03 11:40 AM Posted 26/08/03 11:40 AM you guys know what I mean! Dave.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now