SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 09:00 AM Posted 31/07/06 09:00 AM I enquired of a steering/suspension place in canberra about some new suspension for the phoon.Don't want to change the ride height WHATSOEVER (thinking I'd keep the factory springs), figured I'd just get some better shocks to help combat axle tramp.Not a suspension expert, so I hit up the man behind the desk for some advice. I was thinking some koni sports would do the trick, but was soon told about the new Tein suspension coming out next month. Full adjustable coilover type, desgined for the BA/BF in conjunction with Fulcrum suspension.Bit overkill for my needs I thought, as I just wanted better shocks than the OEM Munroe units, and don't want to play with height whatsoever.Tein BA/BF setup:Fulcrum suspension's BA/BF pageTein BA/BF advertGet yours today!Apparently looking at around $2600 all up (quoted from another forum).Was quoted around $1500 for replacement konis shocks only.FYI I suppose, I think I'll just get new shocks.
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 11d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 31/07/06 09:47 AM Posted 31/07/06 09:47 AM Not sure this is relevant, but as far as axle tramp is concerned I have found that tyres are also an important factor and especially tyre pressures. When my tyres are at full pressure (for the street) the rears will tramp quite easily, however when letting the pressures down for the drags it seems to soften the impact much better and hardly tramps at all. I know this is no good for the street but when you are at the drags your suspension setup will make all these factors different.Just a thought..
Lumpen Poison Fish. Poison Fish. TASTY FISH!!! Legacy Donating Member 5,181 Member For: 23y 6m 20d Gender: Male Location: The Bogan Shire Posted 31/07/06 10:57 AM Posted 31/07/06 10:57 AM I believe Dynowog must may distributing these as well? or at least he knows a fair bit about them?Lumpy
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 11:06 AM Posted 31/07/06 11:06 AM I have Koni's all round and King springs (stock height, but 30% stiffer) and have no tramping problems.You are also getting ripped if they quoted you $1500 for the Konis only as the shocks/springs cost me $1250 fitted.I am getting the 27mm/22mm ajustable Whiteline antiroll bars on Friday.Should make a big difference on the turnin and allow some tuning in conjunction with the ajustable shocks.The Tein's are a good product, but I would wait to see how good they are as they have a bad habit of leaking and requiring an expensive rebuild.eBay have the kits for $2600.
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 9d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 31/07/06 11:08 AM Posted 31/07/06 11:08 AM I have Koni's all round and King springs (stock height, but 30% stiffer) and have no tramping problems.You are also getting ripped if they quoted you $1500 for the Konis only as the shocks/springs cost me $1250 fitted.I am getting the 27mm/22mm ajustable Whiteline antiroll bars on Friday.Should make a big difference on the turnin and allow some tuning in conjunction with the ajustable shocks.The Tein's are a good product, but I would wait to see how good they are as they have a bad habit of leaking and requiring an expensive rebuild.eBay have the kits for $2600.←yes that is more like the right price
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 11:14 AM Posted 31/07/06 11:14 AM And before anyone asks, the front and rear Whiteline bars are $200 each + fitting.As you may have read in other threads, it would be one fo the best investments in your car you can make. You will notice the increase in handling, all for under $600, you also do not need the rear bar, but it is a good option.
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 11:37 AM Author Posted 31/07/06 11:37 AM Thanks for the replies guys, that's what I was looking for.$1250 springs AND shocks? bargain!ZAP, if you don't mind me asking what shocks did you get (koni sport?), and where did you get them? I'd appreciate help with part numbers too, if you have them.Also, I'm in Canberra and a trip up to Syd for fitting etc is not an issue whatsoever. Appreciate any further help. Cheers.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 12:00 PM Posted 31/07/06 12:00 PM They are the Sports and have to be removed for ajustment. Koni do not make the other style yet.I also get trade prices for parts, but most suspension places will do a deal.
Antisocial Weird Member Member 1,347 Member For: 23y 8m 2d Location: ACT Posted 31/07/06 12:56 PM Posted 31/07/06 12:56 PM Zap are the Koni's you have Red or Yellow in colour?
SavageF6 Legacy Donating Member 1,622 Member For: 22y 5m 16d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 31/07/06 01:48 PM Author Posted 31/07/06 01:48 PM They are the Sports and have to be removed for ajustment. Koni do not make the other style yet.I also get trade prices for parts, but most suspension places will do a deal.←Mucho appreciado!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now