JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Location: Canberra Posted 14/07/06 03:01 AM Posted 14/07/06 03:01 AM reading this thread makes me realise how soft I really do drive my car on a day to day basis
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 7d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 14/07/06 03:02 AM Posted 14/07/06 03:02 AM My fuel economy got better after edit... on a trip down south I was getting well over 600km to a tank, and I'm pushing 270rwkw.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 14/07/06 03:12 AM Posted 14/07/06 03:12 AM Thanks for the replies to my problem guys, yes I do tend to give it the boot and use boost, that's wat I bought it for, but in saying that I did try a few tanks of fuel where I just *beep* footed the car around, and fuel economy did not improve at all, and spoken to other members who give there cars the boost and they have not seen teh same issues as me, hence I have just given up and treat the car like I want. But I might try assess my driving once again. What RPM do you guys genrally sit on when cruising in a manual. I find that the car is most happy at about 2000rpm and over.
JimmyXR6T04 Member 1,299 Member For: 21y 3m 11d Location: Canberra Posted 14/07/06 03:31 AM Posted 14/07/06 03:31 AM when I'm just cruising and not worried about giving it stick, I'll usually shift at about 2500rpm, using half to quarter throttle to get there. I don't put the foot flat at all when just nursing the car around. Just call me grandpa Do you actually check your litres per 100 physically?? or just by the cars average fuel? I fill my tank to the first click, reset the trip computer, and then drive it 100km or near enough, then re-fill the tank to the first click. However many litres it used, is how much I averaged for that particular 100km trip. Alternatively, I sometimes drive it to near empty and see how many kms I got for how many litres it took to fill. I don't base anything on the computer, as mine is currently telling me I am on 13.4L/100km.. but truth is its probably 12.8 or so, depending on my moods. Don't get me wrong, I have days where I plant the foot, but I don't see the point in doing it everytime I hop into the car.
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 14/07/06 06:45 AM Posted 14/07/06 06:45 AM I had calculated it over a tank one time from full to empty, and filled it up checking the kms against fuel put back in, I got an average of 17.7 on that tank and I was driving pretty sane at that time to, got me farked as to wat it is, prob is just the way I drive as ford said it has thrown no error codes.
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 14/07/06 09:35 AM Posted 14/07/06 09:35 AM this site is currently f*cked or is it just my computer all other site are ok, everthing is white
jetute Legacy Donating Member 4,553 Member For: 22y 8m Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 14/07/06 09:36 AM Posted 14/07/06 09:36 AM this site is currently f*cked or is it just my computer all other site are ok, everthing is white←all blue here mate
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 14/07/06 09:41 AM Posted 14/07/06 09:41 AM think I might run trend mirco......but did get the email today from admin about removing toolbar??????
SHOCK Team Grandpa Legacy Donating Member 1,921 Member For: 20y 5m 1d Gender: Male Location: Hunter Valley Posted 14/07/06 12:25 PM Posted 14/07/06 12:25 PM Fat,I pretty much cane mine a bit everyday. It sat on 14.2 all the time until I drove to coffs for a day from Brissy. It then dropped to 13.2 and hasnt moved. How accurate are the trip meters anyway????
Fat-Tony Legacy Donating Member 5,364 Member For: 20y 6m 11d Posted 14/07/06 03:02 PM Posted 14/07/06 03:02 PM I think mine needs to be put in the bin, along with the rest of the car, maybe the autos get better economy than the manuals
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now