Too Much Camber!

mattson

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
Whiteline do camber kits for the BA.

$75 for a set of 2.

I have no clue why they would charge you so much to put them in (if they are doing your springs at the same time)..

I ment the whole deal. lowered springs + camber kits..

:)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Award Winning Photo guy
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 23d

any ideas on part numbers for these $75 kits?

and what advantages if anyone would changing the castors make?

• Member For: 19y 1m 5d

The way castor works is, as you turn - it induces more camber than the static setup. So... with lots of castor, as you turn into a corner the suspension will kind of lean into a corner. This allows you to setup a car with less camber in a straight line, but have more as you turn.

I have no idea how much the Falcon has, or needs. In my old 65 Chev Caprice, I got heaps of castor added in, and it made the steering heavier (the power steering used to be far to light), and cornering power was amazing for such a big car.

• Member For: 19y 2m
no need to change caster when lowering

only camber.

Depends on what youre after.

Most people are going for show only, while others will want improved handling aswell.

Personally, I dont have any caster or camber kits at the moment.

When money allows it ill set the car up with better handling. Its all great to go fast in a straight line, but I bought a manual to drive it!

Cobrav8: Exactly mate :)

Edited by Bain

• Member For: 20y 8m 23d

When I spoke to Whiteline the other day they told me they don't have camber kits for the rear of the BA. So I had to go to Pedders which cost me $400 fitted including and a four wheel wheel alignment. I had 2.5deg neg camber on the rear which was great for handling but seriously chewed the tyres out.

• Red F6310
  • Member For: 18y 8m 18d
  • Location: A small country town on the Murray River South Australia

Hi guys, ive just bought my old mans Nov 02 built XR6T manual. Its only done just over 57000kms and is still like new.

He has done a few engine mods to it (Typhoon intercooler, CAPA flash tuner, valve springs, 3 1/2 dump pipe and hi flow cat, injectors and fuel pump) and its currently putting out 318Kws@wheels, which im happy with for now

Since ive bought it I have fitted lovells superlow springs allround and when I had it wheel aligned after lowering it is running 1.5deg negative camber rear and just over 1deg negative on the front, so no need for any kits for me just yet.

Oh and its only on its second set of tyres since new, the car never suffered any wear problems when my dad owned it either.

He mustve bought a good one! :spoton:

Edited by Smackers XR6T

• 1 month later...

Don't know why you guys are getting charged so much. Firstly pedders are a rip off company. They quoted me $1160 to lower the ute plus an extra $60 for each camber kit bringing the total to $1400. The guy down the road did the same job for $460 plus $60 for each camber kit bringing his total to $900. The funny thing is that the susspension guy that works in his workshop use to work for pedders. Don't go to pedders, look around, you will be amazed at how much you will save for the exact same job.