Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • role model
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne,S.E
Posted

thanks mate I go have a look

  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 11d
Posted (edited)

Im told that the stinger hi-low level convertors offer no quality loss in sound, and yeh im going to run a 5 1/4 splits in the front with 5 1/4 coax in the back with 2 x 10s behind the seats in my ute. Now because im intending on using decent equipment im going to find out how good the stock head unit actually is (not holding my breath). I dont think it should be to bad but guess im gonna find out soon enough. ASL want something like 220 to do the modification and you have to give the the head unit, where as the hi to low convertors is a far cheaper option and its doubtful that there will be greater difference in SQ. Simple thing is if it sounds like crap to your ears, put an aftermarket deck in.

Now you will need an adaptor plate like this (I got bored tonight so I decided to make these up for the back)

Edited by Fattony
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d
  • Location: bendigo home of SFA
Posted (edited)

I had a set of boston acoustic 5x7 splits in my ute cost me $650

I also had a rockford fosgate head unit installed into my glove box and 2 12" subs behind the seats

Edited by qwigybo
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 4m 29d
  • Location: bendigo home of SFA
Posted

the guys who installed mine also offered me the option of installing the H/U where the passenger airbag would go and make up like a hinged flap out of the insert cover. but I had the airbag there and couldn't do it

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 5m 11d
Posted

I had a new pair of splits and a 2x 12" subs fitted into my ute using a Stinger LOC and it sounded good. A small amount of cutting was required to fit the 6.5" midbass into the door, but nothing dramatic.

Soundwise it was good, but I recently fitted an aftermarket headunit and it now sounds much better.

I have my Stinger LOC2 for sale, along with some amps soon if you're interested?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 29d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted (edited)

I fit 7" dyn mids in my door using a 6mm spacer cut similar to Fattony's

Deck mounted in where the tissue box holder normally sits. I did have it mounted in the holder itself after modifying it, but IMO it looks messy as the trim panel can't go on the deck after doing it. So instead I made up a facia from 12mm mdf and mounted a cradle to it that comes with your headunit.

I was getting too much noise engine noise running the factory deck, and it was something I couldn't get rid of, as it was there from day one when everything was stock.

<div class='bbimg'>

IMG_2902.JPG
</div> Edited by bob^
  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

That looks great. That's MDF?!? Is it covered?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 29d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted

MDF sprayed with SNB 150 Desert Rose Met. Can is from Autobarn, PowerPlus brand

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Cool :smilielol:

How does the cradle sit in there? What's it anchored to? Got any pics of installation?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...