Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

I have a decent amp and 2 12's and it sounds like crap.....nothing compared to when it ran off an alpine deck.

YOU NEED AN AFTERMARKET DECK TO MAKE ANY DECENT SOUND

haaa.... I know you agree Steve!!!!

  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I think it depends on placement also though, and a way to bypass the sound deadening that is in the car by utilising the factory sub location (needs some experimenting). I wouldnt mind getting the output from ASL installed on my deck... trying to find a contact now.

  • Woooooooosh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 29d
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

Looking good :nono:

DOOF DOOF DOOF DOOF

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted

I wouldnt mind getting the output from ASL installed on my deck... trying to find a contact now.

Yeah couldnt agree more with the above Steve.......the signal my amp receives is definately not right....my soubs sound completely different to what they should

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Yeah its not a clean signal at all. Instead of being a reduced version of the original signal it's more like a clipped version which means a lot of the clarity is simply thrown away.

I just heard back from ASL (excellent reply time) $200 including freight to get the outputs installed (you can have 2 or 4)

Might get that done :nono:

  • 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 14d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Steve I have installed a few of the Jaycar amps and also had the older serier jaycar amps in my EL and I can not say one bad thing about them. All the features and way more power then what you get with the big brand stuff! :nono:

Also I think ASL is the way to go!!

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted (edited)

Coo, thanks Goran :nono: Pretty good value there for sure

Anyone else considering buying a Class D amp? They are cheaper for bulk buys :pooh:

1+ - $399

2+ - $359

5+ - $319

Edited by XXXR6T
  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

I was also thinking of going for some fusion gear... anyone had any experience with these?

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 3d
  • Location: Geelong
Posted
I have a decent amp and 2 12's and it sounds like crap.....nothing compared to when it ran off an alpine deck.

YOU NEED AN AFTERMARKET DECK TO MAKE ANY DECENT SOUND

haaa.... I know you agree Steve!!!!

Yep! me too. Once I put the Alpine deck in, and ran the front speakers from the headunit also(via an amp) it sounded 10X better.

I was surprised.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 28d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: OZ
Posted
Yeah its not a clean signal at all. Instead of being a reduced version of the original signal it's more like a clipped version which means a lot of the clarity is simply thrown away.

I just heard back from ASL (excellent reply time) $200 including freight to get the outputs installed (you can have 2 or 4)

Might get that done :laughing:

who is ASL and will this definately work?? cheers!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...