Custom Stereo Install

Paradoxx

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 6m 19d
Coo, thanks Goran :laughing: Pretty good value there for sure

Anyone else considering buying a Class D amp? They are cheaper for bulk buys :kissmy:

1+ - $399

2+ - $359

5+ - $319

I have a wholesale account with Jaycar, I can get singles for there 5 plus price. send me a PM if your interested. :kissmy:

also, I wouldn't touch the 800w amp with a 20ft pole. they hiss ALL THE TIME. its a design flaw. if your going a class D jaycar amp go the 1500W sucker. its brilliant :msm:

click here for info.

Yeah its not a clean signal at all. Instead of being a reduced version of the original signal it's more like a clipped version which means a lot of the clarity is simply thrown away.

I just heard back from ASL (excellent reply time) $200 including freight to get the outputs installed (you can have 2 or 4)

Might get that done :laughing:

who is ASL and will this definately work?? cheers!!

it does work, I had my ICC done by ASL when I did my system.

It is also possable to do the mod youself if your handy with a soldering iron and dont care about warranty :kissmy:

• Member For: 18y 6d
I have a decent amp and 2 12's and it sounds like crap.....nothing compared to when it ran off an alpine deck.

YOU NEED AN AFTERMARKET DECK TO MAKE ANY DECENT SOUND

no you dont..

I'm sure a few of you are familiar with JB HIFI... cos I work there selling car stereos all day long...

there are so many different ways you can set your BA/BF up...

in short, if you plan on running 4 speakers and a sub (or a few subs) of an amp, get yourself an AUDIOCONTROL LC6..

it has 3 speaker level inputs, one for front, one for rear and one for subs. yes this is a problem because you only have front and rear.. all you need to do is plug in your front and rear speaker wires and it converts in to 3 RCA outputs, front rear and subs...

they retail for $319, but hey if you live in the S.E. suburbs of melb and you want one, I might give you a discount :) (on any other stereo stuff aswell)

anyway read about it here: (click on sales notes on right hand side - 1992kb file)

LC6 INFO

btw, any more questions - feel free to ask me

Edited by CL1MAX

I have a decent amp and 2 12's and it sounds like crap.....nothing compared to when it ran off an alpine deck.

YOU NEED AN AFTERMARKET DECK TO MAKE ANY DECENT SOUND

haaa.... I know you agree Steve!!!!

Yep! me too. Once I put the Alpine deck in, and ran the front speakers from the headunit also(via an amp) it sounded 10X better.

I was surprised.

the reason you guys think the aftermarket head units are far better is because the ICC when modded to give you line level out is only giving you 1/2 a volt worth of signal. aftermarket head units can have up to 10v pre outs which basically means that the signal your feeding into the amp from the ICC is very low and subsequently you need to run the gain on the amp high to compensate. the 10v pre out (from good aftermarket head units) gives your amps plenty of signal and they will generally to preform better. Depending on the volume level your after this may or may not be an issue for you.

As was the case with the whine problem I also have the issue of the low output signal from the ASL modded ICC so I have designed a board that takes the .5v pre out and turns it into a 8v pre out.

im still waiting on the first run of the boards to come back from the manufacture but the prototype testing showed an amazing result. If anyone wants to listen to my ICC then you will understand what im saying. :pinch:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 3d

Hook the subs up to the stock premo amp, it accually has some decent power... Im running my 2 JLs off it and its doing a suprisingly good job. It wont turn the head inside out, but its very impressive for a stocker

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 30d

Once again, what factory sub? (I dont have premium sound)

that's interesting about the signal output only being 0.5v... I would have thought it was better than that.

Heya ShockF6... got some instructions or diagram?

if you want to mod the ICC yourself I can get you started but then your on your own :spoton:

when you have the ICC out you will see the CD stacker module. this contains all the CD and radio components. the module that is connected to that (vertical) is where you can access the power amp IC's. Once you have the board out you will see that its all nicely labeled for you and I'm sure you can figure it out from there. The reason I took mine to ASL is I didn't want to lift tracks on the board to disable the factory amp IC and I didn't want to leave it running with nothing connected to it. and I don't mind paying $200 for a warranty when your talking about a $3K device that your playing around with :spoton:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 30d

I did the top panel this arvo, took me a while to get the bloody join angles right (I had to file them down cos the jigsaw just didnt cut it so to speak)... managed to get it on there with slight gaps which I filled with bits of mdf that I had trimmed off earlier and liquid nails. Now all that's left is the two corner pieces.

What application would require the use of ports?