saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/06/06 11:04 AM Posted 04/06/06 11:04 AM p.s. maybe also the longest post I have seen u make I was thinking the same thing.
XR64T Are we there yet? Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 23y 2d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, NSW Posted 04/06/06 11:07 AM Posted 04/06/06 11:07 AM Hey mate,Don't listen to these jokers, don't waste your time with the imported crap notebooks....Buy Australian made!!We should have the technology and production facilities in about 10 years...
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 04/06/06 11:20 AM Posted 04/06/06 11:20 AM If you're after real processing power you can't go past one of these.....←Funny you posted that ad.I had one of these a couple of years ago that I found at a clients site. They said I could have it for a Case of beer.I sold it on eBay for $2,500 I was shocked, but apparently it is a antique PC.If you want the best notebooks, either a Toshiba or a IBM Thinkpad.
xr6t ute Member 442 Member For: 22y 5m 15d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/06/06 11:55 AM Posted 04/06/06 11:55 AM Well I thought I'd ask around here 1st. Its coming up to tax time and I want a laptop. I'll be using it for the business which I only use to do an invoice and a spreadsheet once a month. other than that it'll be used for all forms of media some net browsing and some gaming. looking to spend around 3500 definately no more than 4000. have got my eye on the Toshiba Qosimo G35 or an optioned up Dell inspiron 9400. If anyone knows some good sites to check out for prices or reviews and you could point me in the right direction it would be appreciatedcheers Damo←I have a Toshiba Qosimo F10 that would be coming up to a year old and am very happy with it....and would buy another toshiba when the time comes. But in all honestly, ive only ever watched a couple of dvds on it without booting windows and havnt yet tried to watch tv on it! So id say unless you are actually going to use the multi-media capabilities of it, you would prob be better off getting a different model....might save a few dollars?Shane
DaveO Member 250 Member For: 22y 11m 28d Location: City Posted 04/06/06 12:10 PM Posted 04/06/06 12:10 PM I've got a Dell 9300 with every possible option ticked... was a pricey notebook at around 7k but its been a year now since I got it and I couldnt be happier with it. Have had no dramas and it is really good for any game or program. The monitor is one of the best I have seen on a notebook (UWXGA 1920x1200). The only thing is ít's a bit of a tank to take anywhere such as uni.
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/06/06 12:26 PM Posted 04/06/06 12:26 PM speaking of CommodoreC64Australia1985_sm.wmv
saleen Big Gun Legacy Donating Member 4,170 Member For: 23y 11m 22d Gender: Male Location: NSW Posted 04/06/06 12:29 PM Posted 04/06/06 12:29 PM how funny are they?C64FamilyPackAustralia1983_sm.wmv
tab Sucker Moderating Team 32,303 Member For: 22y 5m 7d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 04/06/06 08:40 PM Posted 04/06/06 08:40 PM p.s. maybe also the longest post I have seen u make I was thinking the same thing.←There's a first - did it hurt?Well come on Dave, give me some real basis!
nang3 12" member Legacy Donating Member 2,107 Member For: 21y 3m 9d Location: Perth WA Posted 05/06/06 01:10 AM Posted 05/06/06 01:10 AM how funny are they?←OMG what terrible friggen adverts haha but im so glad that's not the current standard of computing power hahamakes me realise ive been taking for granted the fact I can browse these forums, download pron and torrents while also recoding and burning a dvd all at once with no stoopid tape drives or 16 colors at 320x200 res !!1mhz and 64k ram would have been f"n painful !!
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/06/06 03:05 AM Posted 05/06/06 03:05 AM I remember waiting 20min for game to load from tape only to have a bad data block and having to do it all again. The upgrade to a 320k floppy was a revolutionary step in computing. I seem to remember the drive costing about $400, and only a few games being available on 5 1/4" floppies. Today, my mobile phone has 20Mb of RAM (C64 had 64k) and 1Gb of storage (the C64 had a tape). It is amazing how far we have come in 20 years.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now