XR Impact Member 109 Member For: 20y 8m 9d Posted 04/06/06 11:31 PM Author Posted 04/06/06 11:31 PM Impact,after all the comments here etc, what do you think of the Chiptorque guys ??I was planning to do exactly the same as you.... I.e. take it local on the Gold Coast.....I'd love to get FISTED ( waiting for the jokes any second now...... ) but getting home from Wacol will not be much fun......Wonder how much to have the car trucked there.... ???anyway... just wanted to know what you thought of them.... I mean, afterall, it seems you just wanted the edit installed and nothing else.... Did you discuss anything with them about it beforehand ??CheersScottPS - REALLY want your opinion.... I'm 3 weeks out from going edit......←Hey Scott,You are more than welcome to come for a run in mine to see the differance and make up your own mind...Send a PM to me.My business is in Ernest if you want to come around one day.
C.S.I Member 651 Member For: 21y 9m 24d Gender: Male Location: Gold Coast Posted 04/06/06 11:45 PM Posted 04/06/06 11:45 PM You should be looking at around 240ish at the rears with a Custom Tune.Its not just the revs that count, its the torque created at those Revs.I'm assuming its an auto, so a simple test of grunt, is that it should bag up the rears in 1st at around 50 - 60 klicks on the bitumen when booted in 1st :-)Not sure of exactly what power does this, but 240 certainly does Mine certainly would every time.Just dont try it in the wet.
RAP1D Member Legacy Donating Member 3,739 Member For: 20y 4m 20d Gender: Male Location: Sydney NSW Posted 05/06/06 07:55 AM Posted 05/06/06 07:55 AM So what kw rise should we expect to see from edit only? If 186 to 222 is low, what should it be? And at what rpm was 186 and 222?
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 05/06/06 08:30 AM Posted 05/06/06 08:30 AM Mate I know bugger all about the edit, but for $850.00 which I got as a present I got a powerchip which gave me 219.8 rwkw. Just ask the guys on here how good a powerchip is. Stirring guys, good on you for giving the local guys a go. But mate it is your car and your money, and you can do better than that.Scotty
Buf-Phoon loitering with intent Legacy Donating Member 13,318 Member For: 23y 1m 21d Gender: Male Location: Zombie Birdhouse Posted 05/06/06 10:31 AM Posted 05/06/06 10:31 AM We are now at a stage where edit only cars are running 12 second quarter miles.222RWKW is a low result, albeit from a fairly low base.←A couple of points1/ This is a plug and play box2/ If it is a Herrods could be an older version as not many buy Herrods3/ 186rwkw for a stock 03 Auto is around the money stock4/ Plugs not regapped5/ Plugs gapped and custom tune you will see your 240 - 260 imo
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 13d Posted 05/06/06 11:52 AM Posted 05/06/06 11:52 AM Hey there.Well I'm back after driving to Gympie for the weekend.Had a go on a skid pan yesterday, what sh#t load of fun is that, you've gotta give that a go.Back to my edit. Well after putting 98 ron fuel in it still have not gapped plugs yet. I'm very impressed with power gain. The power still drops of at around 5500-6000Off the mark she gets up real quick. On the highway at around 120km give it a boot full and away we go drops a gear here comes 6000rpm starts to flutter until gear change up and it keeps picking up I thought I'd better back off at 200+kms I like owning a licence. So If I go to FIST for a custom tune why will they get a higher KW out of it if the valves can not handle over 6000rpm? Can they get higher kws at lower revs or something? By the way I paid $1400. Yes maybe a trip to Brisbane might have been a better result but I thought I'd give the local guys a go. I will eventually do valves. So won't I need to get an custom tune then anyway.←A good tuner will get 240 - 260RWKW for you and the car will be very different to drive.To answer your question, yes, a custome tune will give you more power lower in the rev range. They do this by getting the fuel, timing and boost right for the outcome that best matches what you want.
senna Legacy Donating Member 32 Member For: 20y 6m 20d Posted 06/06/06 05:44 AM Posted 06/06/06 05:44 AM Just got mine back from the shop for edit only. I mentioned plug gaps beforehand and he said he'd see if it was necessary. Dyno printoutBF XR6T ManualStd 185kwCapa 8psi 235rwkwCapa 10psi 245rwkwHe said it was starting to run a bit lean on the 10psi so he left it at 8psi. Must say I'm pretty happy with the result! Now, custom tune, injectors and exhaust?
jordak Member 1,226 Member For: 22y 4m 1d Posted 06/06/06 07:59 AM Posted 06/06/06 07:59 AM You should be looking at around 240ish at the rears with a Custom Tune.Its not just the revs that count, its the torque created at those Revs.I'm assuming its an auto, so a simple test of grunt, is that it should bag up the rears in 1st at around 50 - 60 klicks on the bitumen when booted in 1st :-)Not sure of exactly what power does this, but 240 certainly does Mine certainly would every time.Just dont try it in the wet.←It's a good point that CSI makes, more often than not way too much emphasis is placed on maximum rwkw imo. One things for sure the first time your rears let go in the dry you'll be that impressed that you won't care what power the cars running
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 3d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 06/06/06 08:22 AM Posted 06/06/06 08:22 AM Hey there.Well I'm back after driving to Gympie for the weekend.Had a go on a skid pan yesterday, what sh#t load of fun is that, you've gotta give that a go.Back to my edit. Well after putting 98 ron fuel in it still have not gapped plugs yet. I'm very impressed with power gain. The power still drops of at around 5500-6000Off the mark she gets up real quick. On the highway at around 120km give it a boot full and away we go drops a gear here comes 6000rpm starts to flutter until gear change up and it keeps picking up I thought I'd better back off at 200+kms I like owning a licence. So If I go to FIST for a custom tune why will they get a higher KW out of it if the valves can not handle over 6000rpm? Can they get higher kws at lower revs or something? By the way I paid $1400. Yes maybe a trip to Brisbane might have been a better result but I thought I'd give the local guys a go. I will eventually do valves. So won't I need to get an custom tune then anyway.←Your valve springs will hold more then 220 ish rwkw.Mine are over 300rwkw on stock springs.I wouldnt be happy with that result for $1400.Like everyone has said you should be at 240-260rwkw with custom tune which for what you spent at Craptorque you would have achieved at FIST. Sorry for the sledge to chiptorque but there tune blew my mates motor to bits.100% duty cycle is there moto
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now