Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Colossal Member
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

Unedited I have been running Magnatec ever since I got it, seems to give the best value. Now I am running edit I think I will run the stuff that ninka runs in his (I think its castrol R or something?? :spoton:)

  • ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 3m 24d
  • Location: Sydney Bronx :)
Posted

I used to use Semi Synthetic but have changed to Mobile 1 full synthetic.

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted

Mobil 1 in the T and in the Phoon, Till lately I worked out I can get Helix full synthetic on the fuel card and am now changing every 5000 as opposed to 7500 with the Mobil 1.

Castrol has a new product that they are running in the FPV's think its called edge or something.. No matter what you run, just change it often and get the best stuff you can afford.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

I have been using Castrol Edge 10W-60 Synthetic. I have found that when I made the change from the mineral oil to synthetic that the engine is much quieter and the engine revs much smoother and quicker.

I have already done 2 track days and have found that the oil pressure has been consistant especially when driven hard over 8 continuous laps the guage does not drop off.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 6m 4d
Posted (edited)

Castrol Edge is the replacement for Formula R.

I run Castrol Edge 0W40 after I have been using Castrol Formula R 10W60 (for the last 30000kms)

For everyday driving the Castrol Edge 0W40 is perfect - the 10W60 gives excessively high oil pressure for everday driving. (As noted by F6_Tornado)

I would recommend using the 10W60 only if you taking your car to a track day where the oil is going to be punished and the temps are going to be sky high for long periods of time.

Cheers,

Ross

Edited by Ford_Power
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, WA
Posted

As XXXR6T Steve points out, I have been using Castrol Formula R 10w60 since the car was new, changed every 10000, and after nearly 80000 k's, the engine is like new inside :censored:

When my girl gets back on the road in a couple of weeks, it will be more of the same :finger:

  • My engine bay is Bionic
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Freeways
Posted

Any of the big name ful synthetics will do.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...