XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Sydney Posted 22/05/06 02:58 AM Posted 22/05/06 02:58 AM hey guys. just wanted to know if you think it would be cheaper to convert a ba auto T to manual 6spd, or to swap for a different T?was considering getting a wrx, even listed on carsales, but after some thinking, ive found that I dont have the funds to do so, and the T is starting to win me back again.lolah well, hopefully ill have a job soon. dam no experience. p.s. im doing a B commerce/B arts at USYD. if youve got a job for me, pm please.:D
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/05/06 03:03 AM Posted 22/05/06 03:03 AM http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=25288&hl=read this mate.I'd suggest that if you dont have a job and are studying it may be out of your price range to do the manual to auto conversion.Having the skills to do it yourself would save you alot of $'s.Mal told me they take on average 10 hours to complete the conversion so must shops are going to charge you at leaset $1000 in labour by the time they do the conversion..good luck with it mate...
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 25d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 22/05/06 03:06 AM Posted 22/05/06 03:06 AM If you want a manual so bad, slide the lever to the left and use the SSS mode.This would be far cheaper and less problems.You should stick to saving money for your fuel and insurance and not change a car just for the gearbox. The Auto is a much better gearbox in the T than a manual.
XR68UZ XR68UZ Legacy Donating Member 732 Member For: 20y 9m Location: Sydney Posted 22/05/06 03:26 AM Author Posted 22/05/06 03:26 AM yea I understand. At first I thought, ok fast car, auto manual doesn't matter. but after a while, driving the auto just gets boring (don't hate me). Sure the sss mode is a bit like manual, but 4 speeds and no clutch? guess il have to wait a while huh
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 15d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 22/05/06 04:50 AM Posted 22/05/06 04:50 AM He has seen the light!
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/06 04:53 AM Posted 22/05/06 04:53 AM Once u go to the 6 speed u can never go back to the auto! You'll luv it, full stop.
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 16d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 22/05/06 04:54 AM Posted 22/05/06 04:54 AM lets not turn this in an auto ve manual debat/sh#t fight. people choose g/boxes for there own reasons....
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 20d Posted 22/05/06 05:03 AM Posted 22/05/06 05:03 AM yea I understand. At first I thought, ok fast car, auto manual doesn't matter. but after a while, driving the auto just gets boring (don't hate me). I'm with Jaeyon, I'm ova the auto and if I could have afforded a 6 speed at the time of purchase, I DEFFINATLEY would have done it!!! The Auto is good for towing the boat and the drag strip! Oh and City driving, but crap for the track or a fun drive though the hills IMO. I would love to change into a 6 speed man but the government wants to much money form me to change ova! pucken government!!!
XRT8U Member 503 Member For: 22y 2m 10d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 22/05/06 05:08 AM Posted 22/05/06 05:08 AM lets not turn this in an auto ve manual debat/sh#t fight. people choose g/boxes for there own reasons.... ←Dont think im bagging auto cause im not! Jaeyon wants a manual over the auto, im just telling him that he'll luv the 6 speed! Goodluck with it!
TUR80_6 Member 13 Member For: 20y 5m Posted 22/05/06 12:05 PM Posted 22/05/06 12:05 PM if you guys are looking for a 6 speed. I just converted my 5 speed to a 6 speed. I bought it from simon at nizpro. Now unlike most of you guys I am keen on the drag strip not the track. so I just converted the car 1 month ago. the manual is brand new and only has about 300ks on it now. So if anyone is interested in buying the 6 speed gearbox and clutch, mount everything to convert your car from auto to manual including pedals console the lot pm. blueboost. he is on this site more than me and is helping me sell the box. I already have a auto and it will be here next week. so let me know what you will offer. P.Ms only to blueboost. or me but you might miss out. By the way The invoice from nizpro was nilly 9K with clutch and I also have installed a rip shifter. So thank for your timeRegardsjay
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now