loopism Tractor Driver Member 709 Member For: 20y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 05/04/06 12:49 AM Posted 05/04/06 12:49 AM neither<{POST_SNAPBACK}>??I have the 6sp auto ... sensational
Paradoxx Colossal Member Member 5,049 Member For: 22y 1m 10d Gender: Male Location: Perth, WA Posted 05/04/06 12:52 AM Posted 05/04/06 12:52 AM neither<{POST_SNAPBACK}>What connects your engine to the driveshaft?
boosted_sa Member 270 Member For: 21y 2m 15d Posted 05/04/06 03:21 AM Posted 05/04/06 03:21 AM I have a auto and really like it for what I do (tow boat, private road drags ect...)! but there deffinatley many times where I wish I could just drop the clutch or take it around mallala ( I KNOW YOU CAN TAKE THE AUTO AROUND! 'I' would just like it more in a manual). Each to their own, but if I could afford at the time of purchase I would have bought a MkII 6 speed FOR SURE!
TheJackal Member 6 Member For: 20y 6m 1d Posted 06/04/06 05:54 AM Author Posted 06/04/06 05:54 AM yeah I driven the 5spd the 4spd and the 6spd auto, the 6spd auto kicks ass, great to drive. but to face the facts I cant afford a bf so a ba will be the one to get, but in terms of modding the car and the box holding up to the power by the looks of it the auto is the way to go...would I be right saying this? as long as u get things like the tranny cools and the stronger bands.....
iTec TEAM BA Legacy Donating Member 1,755 Member For: 21y 9m 26d Gender: Male Location: North of The Bridge Posted 06/04/06 06:06 AM Posted 06/04/06 06:06 AM yeah I driven the 5spd the 4spd and the 6spd auto, the 6spd auto kicks ass, great to drive. but to face the facts I cant afford a bf so a ba will be the one to get, but in terms of modding the car and the box holding up to the power by the looks of it the auto is the way to go...would I be right saying this? as long as u get things like the tranny cools and the stronger bands.....←if you get a T56 then you only need to worry about the clutch, it is a much stronger box then the auto and T5, if you get the auto then you need a cooler and the bands done and then it will be pretty much bulletproof aswell
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 8m 27d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 06/04/06 06:50 AM Posted 06/04/06 06:50 AM I find manuals T,s and phoons a bit clunky to drive at first when your never drivin one but you soon get used to the clutch.Give me an auto anyday.
TheJackal Member 6 Member For: 20y 6m 1d Posted 06/04/06 06:54 AM Author Posted 06/04/06 06:54 AM what type of power can the auto (4spd) handle before the bands would need to be done?
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 22d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 06/04/06 07:21 AM Posted 06/04/06 07:21 AM what type of power can the auto (4spd) handle before the bands would need to be done?←If you have a trans cooler and don't drag race the bands should be good for around 270-280rwkw's. It will also depend on your driving style. I'd recommend upgrading the bands and clutches with any mods more than edit only.Geea.
TheJackal Member 6 Member For: 20y 6m 1d Posted 06/04/06 07:41 AM Author Posted 06/04/06 07:41 AM cool, I think ill be goin down the auto road in that case. ill let u know how thigns go, goin to sell my other car asap and find me a T!!cheers for the info
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now