Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 18d
Posted

hi all

I'm sure this is the right place for me to ask these (newbie) questions! I'm seriously looking at getting a current model XR6 turbo auto.

1. what's the 0-100kmh time for a stock auto XR6T?

2. what's the 'EDIT' modification I keep reading about? Is there a link with details about that?

3. what are some problems that are common to this car? eg mech, trim, noise

4. is the standard audio the same as in the base Falcon?

many thanks in advance

cheers

satz

  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 23y 7m 30d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney
Posted
hi all

I'm sure this is the right place for me to ask these (newbie) questions!  I'm seriously looking at getting a current model XR6 turbo auto.

1.  what's the 0-100kmh time for a stock auto XR6T?

2.  what's the 'EDIT' modification I keep reading about?  Is there a link with details about that?

3.  what are some problems that are common to this car?  eg mech, trim, noise

4.  is the standard audio the same as in the base Falcon?

many thanks in advance

cheers

satz

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bout 6 secs for 0 - 100kmh, check the latest Motor/Wheels mag to be sure

EDIT, either use the Search function, or jump into the CAPA section in the forum. lots of info in there.

Doesnt seem to be many problems popping up now, depends on who you ask.

Standard audio is the same as base model Falcon, but I highly recommend getting Premium sound.

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 7m 27d
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Gday and welcome.. not being outright rude in saying this but if you're strongly considering buying a new BF T then typically you'll know more about the about the car well before jumping into it. Well at least most people do.

If your comparing the base Falcons to the XR range then if it's a fun car with a heap of performance and cred your after and you don't mind paying the extra, start with the T, the performance may exceed expectation but having power on tap's awesome..

The latest MOTOR mag features the PCOTY where the BF auto/man and F6 take out the top gong, well worth the read.

The fact of the matter is the new BF auto/man is better package update than the BA MkII. Facts 0-100kph in 6.29s (BA is 6.6s), 0-400kph approx 14.35s - Shows that the T is a damn quick all rounder with great potential car. As for 'edit' and performance mods, def do a site search, you'll be suprised what you'll find.

I've discovered no problems yet (touch wood) but that also depends on other factors but generally speaking non.

Get the premium sound if you can, you wont be disappointed as for the extra you pay, it's far better than paying more for aftermarket.

Good luck with your decision.. :blink:

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m
  • Location: The North Cooma End of Canberra...
Posted
Gday and welcome.. not being outright rude in saying this but if you're strongly considering buying a new BF T then typically you'll know more about the about the car well before jumping into it. Well at least most people do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This seems a little bit of a strange thing to say...

When I first looked at the XR's (and made up my mind to get one) I knew very little about them (some however could say it was :blink: at first sight) and to tell the truth every other car I test drove I was comparing against my experiences with the XR's... (and of course none came close)

Also I think that's exactly what satz is trying to do - get some more info before actually going for it.

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests
Posted

Ever only had one problem with mine. A whine that comes from the passenger seat when I put my foot down.

Cheers

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

Stock the BF XR6T is possibly the best car Australia has produced. Modified they are amazing. The premium sound is a must.

With limited mods they will beat most things on the street. Get in touch with a few guys on here and get a few trips in modded "T's".

Geea. :spoton:

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests
Posted

Yeah satz. What Geea says is right. Have a look at his avatar. He's only goin down the shops. :spoton:

Cheers

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 1m
Posted
Ever only had one problem with mine. A whine that comes from the passenger seat when I put my foot down.

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought I was the only one with that problem :kissmy:

Do you think if I got a new boat for the Mrs, it would be a good swap? :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...