Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Just because it is, doesn't mean it should be.....
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 24d
  • Gender: Female
  • Location: Noosa QLD
Posted
Hey there all that replied.  Thanks a lot.  I do feel much better about it now.  I will take the advice about backing it in - especially with reverse sensing this should be the way to go.

BTW it's only got 500km on the clock and is doing 14.1 litres/100km - when does this fuel consumption start to come down to the advertised 12.1?  Or is that just bs?  I'm not doing much "city" driving - home to work is about 25km and 80% of the journey is on 100km speed limit (gotta love Darwin).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

maybe when the excitement wears off :msm:

there are a lot of threads on fuel consumption ..

On the HWY I can get round the 10's

round town ... anywhere between 11 and 24 :msm:

shazzy

  • loitering with intent
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Zombie Birdhouse
Posted

Since having my front bar resprayed I have run a double layer of heavy duty cloth tape on the underside of the front bar :msm:

  • TerriGhia
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 14d
Posted

my front bumper has only scraped once in 2 years.just get some touch up paint and lie on the ground and touch it up.then think about where you park!

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 8m 17d
Posted

had my t for 3 years and never had a scratch under the front bar.

had my phoon for 10 mins and scratched under front bar.

the phoon is lower and I did not compensate when I went into my mates driveway.

but like everyone said its just money down the drain because you will definately do it again

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 17d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne Sth/East
Posted

2 years no scratches :crybaby:

  • FPV521
  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 1m 1d
  • Gender: Male
Posted
my front bumper has only scraped once in 2 years.just get some touch up paint and lie on the ground and touch it up.then think about where you park!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:crybaby:

  • Iconoclast
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: CH
Posted
Hey there all that replied.  Thanks a lot.  I do feel much better about it now.  I will take the advice about backing it in - especially with reverse sensing this should be the way to go.

BTW it's only got 500km on the clock and is doing 14.1 litres/100km - when does this fuel consumption start to come down to the advertised 12.1?  Or is that just bs?  I'm not doing much "city" driving - home to work is about 25km and 80% of the journey is on 100km speed limit (gotta love Darwin).

Sitting on 239km/h you may not get better than 14

But after 5000kms you will find highway will return 10's, town will return 14's depending how you drive.....

  • It's All In Your Mind
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 22y 11m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted
Just lower your car so that you cant see the scrathes.... :hrmm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah try the Pedders setup on a Phoon and lose another 15mm in the front, not to mention the sharp edges on the phoon rims and their toxic reaction to gutters. Aaaarrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :hrmm::hrmm:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...