Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

mate I only want them to pay if the box fuked up because of no fault of mine and then only what they have too no more no less

  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted
...He said ion had read this forum and said that because I stated in this thread that I flog the guts out of the car no warrantee will be reconised.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Right.... so driving a performance car (which is how Ford market the T) hard invalidates the warranty? Have to remember that one! Dickheads. It's a auto for christ's sake! I don't see that they have a leg to stand on.

And still waiting to hear from Ion myself on my auto box....... 3 weeks after the problem was identified. Methinks that they aren't too keen to keep warranting their product.

And I to have a mate that's a barrister, and a bloody good one at that (well, at criminal law, anyway).

Good luck to ya!

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

I said to the wa*ker on the phone today that if I wanted a slow work car I would have brought a 4cyl courier, aren't the turbo's fords performance car? Yeah but they arnt designed to be floged. Ok put that in writing and I will see what ford engineers have to say bout that. Um no sorry I cant do that . Yeah whatever.Thought u would say that

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Canberra ACT
Posted
best option indeed mate all the best and FORD can just buck off, they sell good cars just cant warranty them for sh*t the disgracefull buckheads....

Ford could learn a lot from Kewish Autos.

My box was finished and packed and sent today, with Dave telling me that the work he has performed is rated up to 330rwkw (actually its written on the receipt!)

He also said that if my ute is up to or less than that level of power, the box (quote) " Will handle anything you can throw at it!"

How good is that! Cant wait to get it in on friday!

  • The 'nice guy'
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 6m 3d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney (Area around Ryde)
Posted (edited)
I said to the wa*ker on the phone today that if I wanted a slow work car I would have brought a 4cyl courier, aren't the turbo's fords performance car? Yeah but they arnt designed to be floged. Ok put that in writing and I will see what ford engineers have to say bout that. Um no sorry I cant do that . Yeah whatever.Thought u would say that

What a load of :crybaby:

What is flogged anyway? I'm sure it is relative to each driver and doesn't mean deliberate and malicious abuse - there is a difference. I 'flog' my car all the time I.e. use it's full performance capability.

When I read other threads on this forum like that one about the guy in NT who has had 5 turbos (or something like that) replaced under warranty after extended 180kmh+ driving......isn't that really flogging the :spoton: out of it? Well apparently I may consider that flogging the car to hell, but it's just using the performance capability, so all under warranty.

Just look at Fords press releases, website, brochures: "high-tech performance to quicken your pulse"; "the ultimate performance package"; and so on......

They are selling a car designed to be FLOGGED!

EDIT: Me? If my gearbox lets go, I accept the fact that my car is now modified so my problem.

Edited by Power
  • Member
  • Member For: 20y 10m 9d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

Well, on a bright note for me, Ion are supposedly replacing my whining gearbox. mind you, it is a pampered stock Mk1 T. Average 13.7L/100km as an indication of how it is driven. It gets a few boots every now and then, but certainly isn't run to its potential. Which scares me that a well treated car can need a new auto box at relatively low miles......

Imagine if we towed with it or ran it hard......

I wonder if you could justify an edit on warranty grounds in that it would strengthen the gearbox? Do you reckon Ford would buy that?

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted
Well, on a bright note for me, Ion are supposedly replacing my whining gearbox.  mind you, it is a pampered stock Mk1 T.  Average 13.7L/100km as an indication of how it is driven.  It gets a few boots every now and then, but certainly isn't run to its potential.  Which scares me that a well treated car can need a new auto box at relatively low miles......

Imagine if we towed with it or ran it hard......

I wonder if you could justify an edit on warranty grounds in that it would strengthen the gearbox?  Do you reckon Ford would buy that?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

mate I do tow and have the back full and I do flog it to boot.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 13d
  • Gender: Male
Posted

I cant believe that they are refusing warranty because of this thread..

how can they prove that you tell the truth on the internet?

their story really smells like sh*t.

f*ck them..

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted (edited)
I cant believe that they are refusing warranty because of this thread..

how can they prove that you tell the truth on the internet?

their story really smells like sh*t.

f*ck them..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really dont want them to say "but u said" I just want to know what went wrong pure an simple. The problem is that they havent and wont put anything in writing at the moment so all this sh*t is over the phone and most would be secondhand

Edited by turtle33
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 12d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: brisbane
Posted

as I have said to ford, I dont know if its my fault or just a plain failure of the box, give me the correct info so both myself and ford can make the correct call.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...