turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 19/02/06 04:49 PM Posted 19/02/06 04:49 PM tonight as I was reversing out of my driveway, I selected drive and a big clunk was felt/heard. I drove off and it felt like the hand brake was on. I turned around limped the 50 or so mtrs back to the garage. A call to ford assist tomorow and a tilt tray to denmac for a new gearbox me thinks. It was strange as its one of the very few times im not wringing its neck.
dswiders Member 398 Member For: 22y 10m 13d Gender: Male Location: Boronia, Vic Posted 19/02/06 11:45 PM Posted 19/02/06 11:45 PM Hey turtle33,Hope all goes well with customer service at Ford. Is your T modded ? hope it won't affect your W'tee.Daniel
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/02/06 07:35 AM Author Posted 20/02/06 07:35 AM gear set rooted, ion (box manufacturer) look like not covering it because its got a non std intercooler. So I will wait and see
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 20/02/06 07:52 AM Posted 20/02/06 07:52 AM tonight as I was reversing out of my driveway, I selected drive and a big clunk was felt/heard. I drove off and it felt like the hand brake was on. I turned around limped the 50 or so mtrs back to the garage. A call to ford assist tomorow and a tilt tray to denmac for a new gearbox me thinks. It was strange as its one of the very few times im not wringing its neck.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know how you feel, my car is at Denmac Darra and my engine is at Ford engine plant Melb (possibly big end bearing), they have had it for 2 weeks so far and will prob be another 2 weeks, still determining if it is under waranty. I hope your not in a hurry! Scott
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/02/06 09:02 AM Author Posted 20/02/06 09:02 AM tonight as I was reversing out of my driveway, I selected drive and a big clunk was felt/heard. I drove off and it felt like the hand brake was on. I turned around limped the 50 or so mtrs back to the garage. A call to ford assist tomorow and a tilt tray to denmac for a new gearbox me thinks. It was strange as its one of the very few times im not wringing its neck.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I know how you feel, my car is at Denmac Darra and my engine is at Ford engine plant Melb (possibly big end bearing), they have had it for 2 weeks so far and will prob be another 2 weeks, still determining if it is under waranty. I hope your not in a hurry! Scott<{POST_SNAPBACK}>mate yeah I am, im a builder so the yoot is my life blood.If I cant get it sorted tomorrow I will try and get an exchange from melb (stengthened)
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 2d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 20/02/06 09:18 AM Posted 20/02/06 09:18 AM Or get it done here
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 23d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 20/02/06 09:43 AM Posted 20/02/06 09:43 AM mate yeah I am, im a builder so the yoot is my life blood.If I cant get it sorted tomorrow I will try and get an exchange from melb (stengthened)<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I found the best people to deal with are Fordcare 133673 not the dealers, these guys tend to get stuff happening if you give them an ear full, what's the saying,Sqeaky wheel get the most attention.
turtle33 Member 578 Member For: 21y 7m 16d Gender: Male Location: brisbane Posted 20/02/06 12:41 PM Author Posted 20/02/06 12:41 PM Or get it done here <{POST_SNAPBACK}>been on the phone all day and everybody in bris I talked to had NFI or wanted 3-4k for a rebuild, so if you have someone in mind feel free to pm me or post it up.
Phevor Member 124 Member For: 20y 8m 5d Location: Melbourne Posted 20/02/06 10:01 PM Posted 20/02/06 10:01 PM I started my car the other day where it started shaking from side to side as if someone had swapped the 6 for the 8. I stopped the car completely, restarted and all was good - didn't think there was an issue with the T, just didn't start it properly if this helps.. \m/
RAPHOON Legacy Donating Member 1,776 Member For: 23y 3m 12d Posted 20/02/06 10:38 PM Posted 20/02/06 10:38 PM I started my car the other day where it started shaking from side to side as if someone had swapped the 6 for the 8. I stopped the car completely, restarted and all was good - didn't think there was an issue with the T, just didn't start it properly if this helps.. \m/Sorry to hear about the gearbox Turtle.I think you'll save yourself a whole bunch of heartache and time by just going with a strengthened swap-over....
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now