Deaks Member 93 Member For: 20y 11m 28d Location: Eastern Burbs of Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 06:06 AM Posted 18/02/06 06:06 AM I've gone the same way as a few others, taken all but the ford badges off. Gets a few asking questions as to what it is, but once its going its damn obvious. The turbo whistle is unmistakeable.
TURBOXR I miss her... Legacy Donating Member 703 Member For: 22y 12d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 18/02/06 06:53 AM Posted 18/02/06 06:53 AM I noticed at the motor show that the territory turbo has the same turbo badge but in chrome. Im considering replacing my red one on the boot with that......
RNGTR Member 41 Member For: 20y 8m 3d Location: Victoria Posted 18/02/06 08:12 AM Posted 18/02/06 08:12 AM My Father's XR6t had the "turbo" badge under the XR6 nameplate on the sideskirt when he bought it, lasted till that night when he pulled them off. Looks much better standard or de-badged completely.
Trough Lolly Member 4,349 Member For: 22y 24d Gender: Male Location: Mildura Posted 18/02/06 08:27 AM Posted 18/02/06 08:27 AM I noticed at the motor show that the territory turbo has the same turbo badge but in chrome. Im considering replacing my red one on the boot with that......<{POST_SNAPBACK}>same, would look less tacky I think
silverman Member 121 Member For: 20y 9m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/02/06 01:20 PM Posted 18/02/06 01:20 PM I agree with some of the others here.Take the badges off.My xr6t has the turbo badge taken off and it looks like a normal xr6.You can really have some fun with cars at lights.Keep it stealth and keep it all under the bonnet is my 0.2c.I got an I/c put on but a black one and with the black lower grill installed you can hardly tell the I/c has been changed.
jEtONiT Legacy Donating Member 1,817 Member For: 22y 10m 26d Gender: Not Telling Location: next door.. Posted 18/02/06 02:02 PM Posted 18/02/06 02:02 PM take 'em off, keep it looking sleeper this way no extra attention from the boys in blue if your planning to mod.
Honest Gaza The Thief of BadGags Legacy Donating Member 527 Member For: 23y 2d Location: Sydney Posted 18/02/06 09:17 PM Posted 18/02/06 09:17 PM You see, my idea of "teasing" is completely different.I don't use my beast for racing others. I like the thrust of the Turbo for MY benefit. All my badges are intact and I say "Let them all see it's a Turbo when they pull up next to me at the lights".I figure, I don't have to try dragging from the lights because in 90% of cases (figure totally made up with no factual statistics to back me up), they know that if I wanted to.......I could.....and that's my idea of "teasing".
LikeEmFast Member 56 Member For: 20y 7m 25d Location: Dapto Posted 18/02/06 11:21 PM Posted 18/02/06 11:21 PM Maybe Ford should have done this to define the Ts from the standard 6s. I did this to mine to follow my red custom touches through the car. Why not? They did it with the 8s right.
jasper361 Member 407 Member For: 21y 8m 17d Location: Brissy Norf siide Posted 19/02/06 12:11 AM Posted 19/02/06 12:11 AM I much prefer the stealth approach.
TOXICT Member 45 Member For: 20y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Mackay, NQ Posted 19/02/06 12:20 AM Posted 19/02/06 12:20 AM Hey PhevorWhy not consider the red 'Turbo' stickers available thru this site? They are modest and not overdone.BP
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now