Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now :blink: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d
Posted
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :sick: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

  • Member
  • Member For: 22y 10m 17d
  • Location: South oz
Posted

:smilielol:

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whereabouts boosted?

sh*t at that price im in..... :laughing:

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 3m 17d
Posted (edited)

$850 supplied and fitted with Nizpro valve springs.

Cheers

Ken

Edited by gtrken
  • Member
  • Member For: 21y 2m 17d
Posted
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe that's why they don't bounce! :laughing:

Why would ford fit them if they're no good? I dont understand :laughing:

I thought there was a stack of ppl using them?

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 1d
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well, I've seen a couple of 6500rpm rev's in my car with the GT valve springs, and my car still runs a treat. Best valve springs available imo.

I think the coil bind with the GT or XR8 springs is a fallacy, and Ford wouldn't supply, install and offer warranty on the parts/worksmanship if it didn't work.

You sure the cylinder head was setup properly?

  • Here since the start...
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 5m 10d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Victoria
Posted

I think your missing the point.

In the XR8 and GT's the springs are fine but it's a different story once there put on the XR6T head.

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 27d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Jordak, supply and fit springs 850.00 done by a ford dealer for me, they have done 3 for me now  :laughing: , That comes with choice of nizpro for hardcore or F6, upto the customer.

I got one of the ford service reps to get me a quote for GT springs fit & supply, He rang me and said $450 :laughing: almost fell of my seat! I'll have to get it in writting!

u dont want to use the gt springs or the xr8, from what ive seen they are almost on coil bind.

Well, I've seen a couple of 6500rpm rev's in my car with the GT valve springs, and my car still runs a treat. Best valve springs available imo.

I think the coil bind with the GT or XR8 springs is a fallacy, and Ford wouldn't supply, install and offer warranty on the parts/worksmanship if it didn't work.

You sure the cylinder head was setup properly?

hey jas, yer mate I used to docylinder head work for a living, it only had .020 off coil bind. Installed heights will change how ever on different heads

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m 1d
  • Location: Perth
Posted (edited)
I think your missing the point.

In the XR8 and GT's the springs are fine but it's a different story once there put on the XR6T head.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No, I'm not missing the point at all. Ford are fitting the GT springs to the XR6T head as part of a valve spring upgrade at customers request.

My point is, Ford are doing it and covering parts and labour under warranty. Therefore, I don't care about coil bind or any related issue to valve springs. It's their part, and their issue if something happens.

I'd highly recommend people who are in the market for upgraded valve springs to see your local Ford dealer.

Edited by M6 XR6T

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...