turbotrana Member 2,586 Member For: 23y 6m Gender: Male Posted 18/01/06 02:56 AM Posted 18/01/06 02:56 AM The Turbo setup Ford did is a poor design in the first place. Whatever you can do to reduce heat anywhere helps, but I think for any worthwhile gains in the heat department a Nizpro type manifold entry point is needed with the compressor outlet going to a front intercooler and airgoing across the car to the nizpro located inlet point.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 18/01/06 03:38 AM Posted 18/01/06 03:38 AM Some thoughts please.Whenever I come home from driving the T I automaticaly see how hot theintercooler is and always it is cool or at worst slightly warm. Recently I lifted the bonnet and found that the hose between the IC and the throttle body wasvery hot and the longer the car sat the hotter it got.Surely this is detrimental to have cool air from the IC and hot air to the throttle body. I realize that there is heat soak from the engine which heats up the hosethe longer it sits but if you are taking the car to the drags and sitting in line burnouts..etc, surely the hose must be producing warm air which is not good.It seems to me that the Cobra system where the hose goes straight into the plenum would be the most efficient as there is no heat soak in the hose as itis on the other side of the engine away from the heat.I dont want to go changing the system that I have now and have a question.Would wrapping the hose in header wrap make any difference, or would I be waisting my time and money?Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks, Bill.PS...I bought this subject up before but was'nt sure if I mentioned header wrap. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Cobra system is superior most definitely due to the reduction in surface are of the intercooler piping that is exposed to heat sources. The other obvious benefit is the dramatic improvement in throttle response. I have had a ride in the Nizpro workshop car that is running this system and the improvement is highly noticable.I am planning on getting one of these fitted myself in the next few months.
ugy Legacy Donating Member 199 Member For: 20y 11m 9d Location: Auckland Posted 18/01/06 08:00 PM Author Posted 18/01/06 08:00 PM <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Cobra system is superior most definitely due to the reduction in surface are of the intercooler piping that is exposed to heat sources. The other obvious benefit is the dramatic improvement in throttle response. I have had a ride in the Nizpro workshop car that is running this system and the improvement is highly noticable.I am planning on getting one of these fitted myself in the next few months.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree, I reckon this is the best system for keeping heat away from your pipes.Even if it is a slight difference it must be good.I am aiming for around 300-315rw,if I was looking to go higher I would spend the money and get one I would like to see how you get on.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now