xxr64t XXR.64T Legacy Donating Member 560 Member For: 21y 4m 5d Gender: Male Location: sydney's east!!! Posted 18/01/06 11:13 AM Posted 18/01/06 11:13 AM How much power loss for this case of Intercoolectic Bugtritus?where the farrrk do u hang out or do in your spare time. this is my bugs in cooler. not as bad as yours but its all spaced out
shockF6 Legacy Donating Member 478 Member For: 21y 3d Location: Melbourne Posted 18/01/06 11:42 AM Posted 18/01/06 11:42 AM yesterday I used 34.88L for 71.2k's its my personal best after I filled it up the DTE read 220k's, yet another personal best
IH8TOADS Legacy Donating Member 3,618 Member For: 21y 2m 29d Gender: Male Location: OZ Posted 18/01/06 11:59 AM Posted 18/01/06 11:59 AM I get 10.4 L/100 when driving on long trips and (rap economy around town. If I see 400kms on city driving that's pretty good for my 6sp man.
Worpor Member 467 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Location: Perth Posted 18/01/06 12:04 PM Posted 18/01/06 12:04 PM I jump in my Toyota Prius and and get 4.8L/100kms
snail Member 83 Member For: 21y 2m 11d Location: Perth WA Posted 18/01/06 12:10 PM Posted 18/01/06 12:10 PM Great fuel economy tip.....turn off the engine when going downhill! - only recommended to those on a substantial weights program! Seriously....I could go down the gentle right foot path but why bother - you only live once!
ms700 Moderating Team 10,170 Member For: 23y 8m 6d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 18/01/06 12:19 PM Posted 18/01/06 12:19 PM I jump in my Toyota Prius and and get 4.8L/100kms <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not suprising...Everyone behind you is laughing that hard, their vocal laughter energy is pushing your car along!
Worpor Member 467 Member For: 22y 7m 22d Location: Perth Posted 18/01/06 12:29 PM Posted 18/01/06 12:29 PM I jump in my Toyota Prius and and get 4.8L/100kms <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Not suprising...Everyone behind you is laughing that hard, their vocal laughter energy is pushing your car along! <{POST_SNAPBACK}> 0-100 in around 10. Handles like a dream. Climate control JBL Musac. Great shopping trolly.
lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 19d Posted 18/01/06 01:37 PM Posted 18/01/06 01:37 PM JetPilot Sticker?Judging from the number of 'K&N Filtercharger Equipped' decals on the POS grey imports (don't get me wrong, there are some really good grey imports) I see doing the 'main street cruise' on Friday nights in the city - it must instantly grant to the equipped car - noisy exhausts, really weird negative camber geometry on the suspension, 'spinner' hub cap covers, bass heavy audio systems that value volume over quality and car seats that have collapsed seat rails as the squabs are on the floor pan (either that or we are breeding a new race of ugly, poxy faced midgets with bad mullets...That and the urge to want to drag me every set of traffic lights...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Heh most older japanese imports come from the country where cars go to die. On heaps of import yards web sites, you see many of the cars are all but dumped in paddocks in Hokkaido or Okinawa or some wayward part of shizuoka, where the tax is a lot more lenient on older cars. So your basically buying some crap that's been rotting around for years or some uni students have drifted the absolute crap out of. So yes they're shocking quality!Of course the ultimate irony is that japan imports v8 Expensive Daewoo utes www.holden.co.jp. Why not the xr6t ute and the pursuit!
XR6ISM ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association Member 535 Member For: 23y 3m 26d Location: Sydney Bronx :) Posted 18/01/06 03:57 PM Posted 18/01/06 03:57 PM Regardless of what you believe, the fact is you dont need a turbo timer. It's not just ford who has come to this conclusion... it is a scientifically proven fact that the turbo will still create flow of water with the engine turned off.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Whether or not you need one is regardless. It makes me feel better knowing that I let my turbo cool down before I turn my car off. Its only my opinion anyway, I never said its the right opinion.I just dont agree with switching off a component that is glowing from heat.
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 10m 28d Posted 18/01/06 08:18 PM Posted 18/01/06 08:18 PM Well I just got a job where I could have a company car... I got a BF XR6T with a fully maintained lease and a fuel card. That way I don't pay for fuel or rear tyres for that matter... And I get about 14.4litres/100km, which is about 0.6 litres worse than the POS Buick engined Late model camira Acclaim (13.8litres/100km) that I got to use until my T arrived (had to wait as it was 'built to order') and it's about 1.2 litres better than the Territory AWD (15.6litres/100km) that I had at the last job. I spend a lot of time in traffic commuting, it's about 25km to/from work and in the morning it's about a 40 minute drive and in the evening it's just over an hour.I'd get better economy if the air-con wasn't on 'antarctica-mode' all of the time instead of winding down a window... but I get hay fever and I figure that the pollen filter takes some of the smog out of the air I get to breathe.Having said that I figured that the Territory was an economical vehicle... try taking 4 passengers, 6 steel dive tanks, scuba gear for four folk, luggage for a weekend for five (including 3 women) and four mountain bikes without having to tow a trailer or use the roof bars + be in great comfort for three or four hours driving. And it was great for ski weekends.And try recycling the materials in a Prius at the end of its useful life... or have a think about whether you want to try and rescue folk trapped in it after a crash... with all that elec-trickery at seriously high voltage lying around in very large capacitors I'm having lots of second thoughts about it...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now