F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 14/01/06 12:05 PM Posted 14/01/06 12:05 PM Looks like I'm going for Toyo Trampio TPG. A step down from the flagship T1-R's. Still only $290 a corner. Cheap, and at worst, I'll change them in 3 months.... I have read a few reviews on the Kuhmo KU-19 and whislt good for V6 commos, won't hold 300rwkw to the tarmac. I would go Eagle F1 maybe... still might yet.
ExAreSix TRAITOR Legacy Donating Member 1,063 Member For: 23y 11m 12d Gender: Male Location: Townsville, NQ Posted 14/01/06 12:49 PM Posted 14/01/06 12:49 PM I'm using Hankook Ventus K104s. 265/35/18s on the rear. Can't remember exact price, but a little over $300 each I think. 245/40s on the front $280ish?Good straight line grip. Better than my old 275 Toyos. Wet weather, very confident with them. Silica compund to help with wet traction.I recently did Sydney to the QLD border, pissing down the whole way. No drama when I needed to put the power down to overtake. Cornering, great. A little 'squeely', but you have to really push them into a corner to slip em.Stock Dunlops wouldn't come near them in any respect.I rate them. I'll be using them again. Or I might try their new tyre they just released, though they look like they'll be exy. (Ventus R-S2 Z212)
Evil F6 Legacy Donating Member 830 Member For: 20y 8m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/06 03:02 AM Posted 17/01/06 03:02 AM Goodyear eagles GS-D3 rule in the wet, in the dry the new Michelin PS2 rule and are very good in the wet as are the cheaper precedas. However, the new Yokohama Advan V103 are supposedly brilliant and I can get a 235/40 18 for $360 each. Haven't heard how they go in the wet but at this level it'll be good. Alos heard good things about the new Hankook V107 which sits above the pretty good V104.
F6BF Member 438 Member For: 20y 9m 19d Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/06 04:35 AM Posted 17/01/06 04:35 AM I will see how the dunlop sp9000 go when I get my typhoon.....if they are crap will probably change them to the pilot sports 2
hrb93 Member 84 Member For: 20y 8m 20d Posted 17/01/06 05:19 AM Posted 17/01/06 05:19 AM I had Nitto Extremes 555r on the WRX, they were good in the dry and bad in the wt.Falken st115's leave them for dead in all aspects.Previously had Goodyear F1's before those, they were a good tyre as well.
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/06 05:41 AM Posted 17/01/06 05:41 AM I had 2 flat tyres in the T that were too worn to be repaired. As I am getting rid of the car in the next 2 week, I decided to put my drift/burnout tyres that I was given by a mate who upgraded them from a Audi. They are 215/45/17 Michellen Pilot Sports that are incredible.Having had the dunlops on the car for its whole life, these narrower tyres stick better than the dunlops ever did and they have been through a 1/2 day of solid drifting, but still have 50% tread. They have slightly flaired tread pattern, but I will be ditching the dunlops off the F6 and putting the Michillin pilot sports on. I can also recommend their long life as I have never seen a tyre cop so much punnishment, yet still ask for more.
DBOSS Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car Member 3,918 Member For: 23y 3m 9d Location: D SHIRE! Posted 17/01/06 05:52 AM Posted 17/01/06 05:52 AM I only got 17's mate, it's why I'm not running the Pilot Sport2's In any case, $270 a corner.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you know how much they would be for 18's
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 17/01/06 09:10 AM Posted 17/01/06 09:10 AM I only got 17's mate, it's why I'm not running the Pilot Sport2's In any case, $270 a corner.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Do you know how much they would be for 18's <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Preceda's? I have no idea, call up bob jane.Pilot Sport 2, best price is $620 from a Bob Jane.
galconn Member 101 Member For: 21y 1m 10d Posted 17/01/06 10:39 AM Posted 17/01/06 10:39 AM February's edition of Motor magazine gives the Yokohama Advans a big rap but no prices.6 speeed Manual Lightning T with extras.
F6 UTE - Track Bound EVO III - Member 3,367 Member For: 21y 9m 16d Gender: Male Location: Strapped in and holding on Posted 17/01/06 01:34 PM Posted 17/01/06 01:34 PM (edited) Seems I'm going Yokahama AVS102's.The new ones are Advan AVS103's.. http://www.yokohama.com.au/dbimage79.asp Edited 17/01/06 01:35 PM by F6 UTE
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now