Killbot Member 160 Member For: 22y 6m 8d Posted 05/01/06 03:39 AM Posted 05/01/06 03:39 AM I never said holdens drove better than fordsI said holdens own them as this thread is refering to quarter mile / drags <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Go back to street commodores or wherever you came from.This guy has probably never even driven an ls1 or T
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 05/01/06 03:57 AM Posted 05/01/06 03:57 AM when my autoxr6t was stock I had 6 runs with a 6 speed sv8(wich is quicker than the ss) 1st run I beat it by 5 cars, (but he spun to much off the mark)2nd run he jumped me by half a car off the mark, and I beat him by 3 cars, 3rd run it was even start and I beat him by 2 cars(heat soak was starting to hurt my car)4th run I got a bit better start, or he spun to much, I got about half a car on him by the end of his first, and I beat him by 3 cars.run 5 even start and I done him by about 1 and a half carsrun 6 he said to keep going for a while because of the heat soak he was pulling me in at the end.so with an even start I beat him by about 1 car accross the quarter, but he snuck up beside me as I was crossing 220 klm on my speedo (privite road) I raced some auto ss cars, but they are hopless.and the other ss como"s I have race even with headers and exhaust have not mached the sv8 although I think he had his starts worked out well because the others have not been able match me off the mark. (should have seen the sv8 move around at speed) now I can't get a drag off any of them.
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 05/01/06 04:01 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:01 AM Go back to street commodores or wherever you came from.This guy has probably never even driven an ls1 or Tthis sounds like the words of someone who has "foot in mouth syndrome"I've driven an xr6t and a cv8 loved them both but off the line the xr6 did not feel as quick as the cv8.As the saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement"whats wrong, can't you handle hearing someone else's opinion??
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 05/01/06 04:03 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:03 AM when my autoxr6t was stock I had 6 runs with a 6 speed sv8(wich is quicker than the ss) 1st run I beat it by 5 cars, (but he spun to much off the mark)2nd run he jumped me by half a car off the mark, and I beat him by 3 cars, 3rd run it was even start and I beat him by 2 cars(heat soak was starting to hurt my car)4th run I got a bit better start, or he spun to much, I got about half a car on him by the end of his first, and I beat him by 3 cars.run 5 even start and I done him by about 1 and a half carsrun 6 he said to keep going for a while because of the heat soak he was pulling me in at the end.so with an even start I beat him by about 1 car accross the quarter, but he snuck up beside me as I was crossing 220 klm on my speedo (privite road)I raced some auto ss cars, but they are hopless.and the other ss como"s I have race even with headers and exhaust have not mached the sv8 although I think he had his starts worked out well because the others have not been able match me off the mark. (should have seen the sv8 move around at speed) now I can't get a drag off any of them.if I'm not mistaken if your in the car you describe in your sig I highly doubt any good street car would be able to beat you
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 05/01/06 04:05 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:05 AM sorry my bad did not read your post thoroughly
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 05/01/06 04:08 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:08 AM Go back to street commodores or wherever you came from.This guy has probably never even driven an ls1 or Tthis sounds like the words of someone who has "foot in mouth syndrome"I've driven an xr6t and a cv8 loved them both but off the line the xr6 did not feel as quick as the cv8.As the saying goes "there's no replacement for displacement"whats wrong, can't you handle hearing someone else's opinion?? <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I agree with you about the sv8 feeling quicker then the xr6t, I thought I would get floged,so did he, that's why we had so many runs, just shows how a quality built car can hide the real exelaration. that said I think the sv8 would have just beat a manual xr6t, they seem to get a bit better start then the man t.
blueboost Member 1,204 Member For: 22y 4m 14d Gender: Male Location: Mackay NorthQueensland Posted 05/01/06 04:17 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:17 AM when my autoxr6t was stock I had 6 runs with a 6 speed sv8(wich is quicker than the ss) 1st run I beat it by 5 cars, (but he spun to much off the mark)2nd run he jumped me by half a car off the mark, and I beat him by 3 cars, 3rd run it was even start and I beat him by 2 cars(heat soak was starting to hurt my car)4th run I got a bit better start, or he spun to much, I got about half a car on him by the end of his first, and I beat him by 3 cars.run 5 even start and I done him by about 1 and a half carsrun 6 he said to keep going for a while because of the heat soak he was pulling me in at the end.so with an even start I beat him by about 1 car accross the quarter, but he snuck up beside me as I was crossing 220 klm on my speedo (privite road)I raced some auto ss cars, but they are hopless.and the other ss como"s I have race even with headers and exhaust have not mached the sv8 although I think he had his starts worked out well because the others have not been able match me off the mark. (should have seen the sv8 move around at speed) now I can't get a drag off any of them.if I'm not mistaken if your in the car you describe in your sig I highly doubt any good street car would be able to beat you <{POST_SNAPBACK}>my car was stock at the time, my mate (sv8)has put headers exhaust and custom tuned edit now so we are hopeing to test it at the drags soon, we are expecting about 13.7@ 105mph with traction,(227rwks) which is pritty good up here
replicant Member 180 Member For: 20y 11m 2d Posted 05/01/06 04:18 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:18 AM In the real world, the performance is pretty close. The drivetrain on the BF XR6T with the new auto and the new brakes (geez they are much better than the BA!) is nicer to drive with.In terms of practical considerations, the extra room in the cabin of the Ford including behind the seats (where you can stick a laptop, briefcase, a golf umbrella) compared to the Expensive Daewoo is handy. It's marginally more room and the controls are nicer to use... ie everything you touch in the Expensive Daewoo is hard shiny plastic and those HVAC control feel like something off a Simpson autowasher from the 70s.The info panel on the Late model camira and being able to program the lights on features and the digital speedo are handy but the Ford's dash and controls are nicer to use including having a variable intermittent delay wiper function which the SS has but not the SV models!Adjustable pedals on the BF Auto are handy too for those folk who are shorter... glad you didn't mention the Crewman SS... that's just wrong for so many reasons...
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 05/01/06 04:28 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:28 AM my car was stock at the time, my mate (sv8)has put headers exhaust and custom tuned edit now so we are hopeing to test it at the drags soon, we are expecting about 13.7@ 105mph with traction,(227rwks) which is pritty good up hereI think if your mate can get traction he will run closer to a 13.2 or 13.3 @ 105mph.from some of my pesonal experience's I think 105mph should be good for a high 12 sec pass. Good luck with it anyway
jonom Member 96 Member For: 20y 11m 23d Location: South East Suburbs Posted 05/01/06 04:30 AM Posted 05/01/06 04:30 AM In the real world, the performance is pretty close. The drivetrain on the BF XR6T with the new auto and the new brakes (geez they are much better than the BA!) is nicer to drive with.In terms of practical considerations, the extra room in the cabin of the Ford including behind the seats (where you can stick a laptop, briefcase, a golf umbrella) compared to the Expensive Daewoo is handy. It's marginally more room and the controls are nicer to use... ie everything you touch in the Expensive Daewoo is hard shiny plastic and those HVAC control feel like something off a Simpson autowasher from the 70s.The info panel on the Late model camira and being able to program the lights on features and the digital speedo are handy but the Ford's dash and controls are nicer to use including having a variable intermittent delay wiper function which the SS has but not the SV models!Adjustable pedals on the BF Auto are handy too for those folk who are shorter... glad you didn't mention the Crewman SS... that's just wrong for so many reasons...I agree with everything you have just said. the interior of vy's are terrible and cheap looking. Fords do look alot more simple and classy
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now