Xr6t Vs Ss

vidge

• Member For: 18y 5m 5d

Hey all,

just a quick question, how does the standard XR6t ute go against the SS utes.

I realize the SS power has changed over the last few years, so if anyone knows how they go against the older ones and the new ones that would be great.

Thanks Heaps

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Iconoclast
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 6m 23d

Lot of variables here to add to the equation..

I would say stock v's stock.... Any SS prior to 2003 is a non event...

Not much in it after that, although the 6 litre might prove a formidable opponent....

• Member For: 20y 16d
Lot of variables here to add to the equation..

I would say stock v's stock.... Any SS prior to 2003 is a non event...

Not much in it after that, although the 6 litre might prove a formidable opponent....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had a 2002 VUSS ute and that was no slouch, it ran a 14 flat 1/4 with only a cat back exhaust, was probably about the same speed as a stock xr6turbo, sinse I sold the car to a freind I was able to have a few runs againt him when I first got my turbo and they were almost dead even... until I got the unichip. :laughing:

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d

It would be close I would think.

The Ford's are quite a bit heavier when compared to the Holden's. Because the AU, BA, BF utes are real utes. EG. Leaf springs, so they can actually carry a decent load.

They are also quite long, being based on the station wagon chassis.

So that puts them at a disadvantage in terms of straight line performance.

• FG Falcon fan!
  • Member For: 20y 9m 13d

The BA/BF ute is a better car overall than the Late model camira ute, read virtually any review and they say the same. Im not saying the Late model camira is bad, its new VE model is just around the corner, the latest commodores are just showing their age.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 13d
The BA/BF ute is a better car overall than the Late model camira ute, read virtually any review and they say the same.  Im not saying the Late model camira is bad, its new VE model is just around the corner, the latest commodores are just showing their age.

way to go off topic..

typical one-eyed ford people.

I think the vz ss ute will kill a xr6 turbo ute in straight like performance.. id say around 2-4 tenths of a second, from what motor and wheels have quoted.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 25d
The BA/BF ute is a better car overall than the Late model camira ute, read virtually any review and they say the same.  Im not saying the Late model camira is bad, its new VE model is just around the corner, the latest commodores are just showing their age.

way to go off topic..

I think the vz ss ute will kill a xr6 turbo ute in straight like performance.. id say around 2-4 tenths of a second, from what motor and wheels have quoted.

The comment from TurboDewd stays because the original post doesn't mention a drag race, he just says "how will it go against" the XR6T, so he might mean in overall performance and ability. So back in your box little boy!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 13d

way to go off topic..

The comment from TurboDewd stays because the original post doesn't mention a drag race, he just says "how will it go against" the XR6T, so he might mean in overall performance and ability. So back in your box little boy!

"how it will go against" pretty much meens straight line performance..

even so, the ss will match or beat the xr6t in allout performance specs anyway.