geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 28d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 14/12/05 10:25 AM Posted 14/12/05 10:25 AM There are no fairies at the bottom of the garden,<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Martin what am I going to tell my kids they'll be devistated. Geea.
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 14/12/05 11:30 AM Posted 14/12/05 11:30 AM Martin what am I going to tell my kids they'll be devistated. Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Tell em you were carrying home some Santa lights in the back seat.....and the car stopped. No wonder they ban Christmas at schools these days!
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/12/05 11:45 AM Posted 14/12/05 11:45 AM My Xede doesn't lose it's maps.neither does UNICHIP I can explain it.Its called EDIT Darren, please stop trying to stir up another piggyback vs edit debate.Thankyou,Adam.
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/12/05 11:47 AM Posted 14/12/05 11:47 AM Everytime my car has lost some power it's been the result of timing being removed for some reason.
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 14/12/05 11:59 AM Posted 14/12/05 11:59 AM Make sure Santa didnt take that timing, his sleigh might ping...or Blitzen might bend a rod?
Adam Here since the start... Legacy Donating Member 10,282 Member For: 23y 5m 14d Gender: Male Location: Victoria Posted 14/12/05 12:06 PM Posted 14/12/05 12:06 PM My tune runs at safe levels. It's been tuned to a point where it won't ping and then a bit of timing is pulled out again as a safety margin. From what I understand the knock sensor is quite sensitive and can be fooled by various things.My knock control has now been adjusted so it can only pull 1/2 a degree below 4000rpm and 1 degree above 4000rpm at any one time.
Goldbullet Member 883 Member For: 21y 6m 16d Location: Frankston Posted 15/12/05 10:16 AM Author Posted 15/12/05 10:16 AM Well I phoned HPF today and got a very technical answer I was told it never happened and it was all in my head, so I will go and see the doctor tomorrow to see if he can fix the problem in my head, which will then stop the car from f*cking up. Boy these tuners must think we are all dickheads Pissed off Dave.
Mr Turbo Next stage, to the Pub in 10 seconds Member 2,777 Member For: 22y 1m 27d Gender: Male Location: Berwick Victoria Posted 15/12/05 10:25 AM Posted 15/12/05 10:25 AM Well I phoned HPF today and got a very technical answer I was told it never happened and it was all in my head, so I will go and see the doctor tomorrow to see if he can fix the problem in my head, which will then stop the car from f*cking up. Boy these tuners must think we are all dickheads Pissed off Dave. WTF.... Dave I have the same problem, make the booking for two Rob...
Guest Guests Posted 15/12/05 03:09 PM Posted 15/12/05 03:09 PM Well I phoned HPF today and got a very technical answer I was told it never happened and it was all in my head, so I will go and see the doctor tomorrow to see if he can fix the problem in my head, which will then stop the car from f*cking up. Boy these tuners must think we are all dickheads Pissed off Dave. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>WTF.... Dave I have the same problem, make the booking for two Rob...<{POST_SNAPBACK}>while your at it book me in too!
Street Tuner Member 727 Member For: 23y 9m 16d Posted 15/12/05 10:01 PM Posted 15/12/05 10:01 PM Ok Goldbullet, lets get to the bottom of this, tell me EXACTLY the chain of events, and the symptoms your car suffered.
Recommended Posts