Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 21/04/12 10:36 AM Posted 21/04/12 10:36 AM (edited) I'm surprised you managed to get a photo in my shed without getting the dog bombing it. Oh..... I take that back. Edited 21/04/12 10:36 AM by Crashed
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 11d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 22/04/12 01:31 AM Posted 22/04/12 01:31 AM It was like Where's Wally!
Cheaty McCheats Totally not a Cop Legacy Donating Member 821 Member For: 15y 8m 11d Gender: Male Location: Melbourne Posted 23/04/12 10:08 PM Posted 23/04/12 10:08 PM Is anyone going to the Kings Park dawn service on Wednesday?
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/04/12 12:34 AM Posted 24/04/12 12:34 AM Will be attending the Mundaring service.
Nightshade Member 32 Member For: 14y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: south of the river Posted 24/04/12 03:58 AM Posted 24/04/12 03:58 AM Going to the kelmscott service near river road, find kings park a nightmare to navigate on a good day..Anyone using a turbo timer in there t's? Is it worth it or not cause ive just been idling down for a minute after runs.
masda74 To Loud Legacy Donating Member 4,114 Member For: 14y 10m 5d Gender: Male Location: WA, Perth Posted 24/04/12 04:53 AM Posted 24/04/12 04:53 AM (edited) NightShade, When I was previously looking into getting a turbo timer, I was told that it was not necessary.Ford told me that the cars are designed in a way that they are not required. They are that well built? I was like WTF.Anyways I also let my car idle for 30 seconds to a minute to let it settle down and then turn the car off.I have spotted this one on Ebay:http://www.ebay.com....984.m1438.l2649I am just not sure if this would work on the FG. It has the BA and the BF listed in the description.What are the general thoughts of the community?Afte posting this, I did a search on the forum and found the answer I was after. thanks for Confirming Luke. Edited 24/04/12 05:04 AM by masda74
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/04/12 05:03 AM Posted 24/04/12 05:03 AM totally unnecessary
Slash Donkey Dick Member 801 Member For: 16y 6m 17d Gender: Male Posted 24/04/12 05:17 AM Posted 24/04/12 05:17 AM Anyone using a turbo timer in there t's? Is it worth it or not cause ive just been idling down for a minute after runs.Just use common sense. Don't thrash the car & bounce of limiter 10 seconds before turning it off & you'll be fine...
Ralph Wiggum Moar Powar Babeh Legacy Donating Member 19,334 Member For: 21y 13d Gender: Male Location: Perth Posted 24/04/12 05:25 AM Posted 24/04/12 05:25 AM If you have a secure garage, when you park the car for extended periods (ie overnight after the drive home.) Open the bonnet.Letting all the built up heat out of the engine bay will do wonders for the longevity of the other under bonnets components (ie hoses, wiring etc etc)I also crack my garage door open aprox 30mm and open the rear access door to get a small breeze moving through the garage. Drops the temps down quick smart
Nightshade Member 32 Member For: 14y 5m 29d Gender: Male Location: south of the river Posted 24/04/12 05:57 AM Posted 24/04/12 05:57 AM Yeah I did a quick search and theres alot of " I swear by it " and more of "its pointless"But I let it cool down after I get home its all good ( dont thrash it for like 5 mins before I get there anyway)My mate had one on his ba ute and couldnt lock the car with it running so it defeats the purpose lmao.Thanks for the tip about the bonnet and draft ill try it tonight.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now