Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

Ricers are cheaper than these!

Cost my mate $400 for a full dyno tune and to fix some boost and injector problems.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 19y 5m 19d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Caracciola Karussell
Posted (edited)

Bullsh*t ricers are cheaper than these!!

My first car was a r33 and second was s wrx. Neither were cheap. $4800 to insure a r33 for around 30k (this was 10 years ago remember lol).

Had to go through famous cars for insurance which I believe are no longer around....

Taxi is more reliable IMHO.

Edited by Mat
  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

These are more reliable, sure. But parts are cheaper for ricers haha.

This is costing me $3300 a year to insure, so not much cheaper than a ricer.

  • Moar Powar Babeh
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Yeah I'm still lurking around Luke. Just sorting out some more stuff for the money pit.....

Rusty undercoat? Wasn't it agreed upon here that it was the colour of choice for the cool people?

It will be hitting the track for sure this year Dean. And if it doesn't crack a 10, I'll sell up and buy a ricer! Well maybe not that homosexual, but I'll be disappointed. :spoton:

If it doesn't run a 10, I'll say the exact same thing I said to Adrian... TOO MUCH POLISH UNDER THE BONNET! CAR THINKS IT BELONGS AT AUTOSALON, NOT ON THE DRAG STRIP :bum:

Ricer's are great. Heaps of lag, unreliable, expensive to fix/maintain etc etc. You don't know what you're missing!! Haha

Run Sans bonnet? Surely all that shiny shit must be more aerodynamic than the awesome fraud factory paint finish??

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Bonnet off FTW! Drive it down there with it off as well to save fuel via weight reduction. Oh and that would be good for the drag strip too, hahaha.

  • Totally not a Cop
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 15y 8m 7d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

spotted f666e doing laps around scarborough. and cutting off buses

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

f*ck that dragging with no bonnet, I might end up with burnt rice all over the shinny bits.

I should have it booked in for the tranny tune and a couple of other bits in a week or two, so fingers crossed it will be very soon.

  • Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 18y 10m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure
Posted

Looks like you will be the first WA member to have their ZF box tweaked!

  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 8d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: PERTH WA
Posted

Well that sounds a little scary.

It would be good though to read up on some other peoples experiences with their boxes tuned... Simon seems pretty keen on them, so I'll be looking forward to the results.

  • <put funny sh*t here>
  • Member
  • Member For: 19y 10m 24d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth, NOR
Posted

Let me know how it goes. I wanted to get mine done before Powercruise but I wanted to hear some feedback from some Perth people first

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...