KeithTheBricklayer Legacy Donating Member 450 Member For: 16y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 05/09/10 04:53 AM Posted 05/09/10 04:53 AM Oh and to make it 3 in a row, the Manta mild steel is aluminised isn't it? I am not enough of an expert to know by looking at it!I Use this chrome polish called Autoglym or something were you can pick it up from supercheap.. its good stuff ai! my exshaust tips were like black! like seriously an I tried other stuff to get it off an rubed it like hell an nothing!got this stuff put a little on a cloth an rubed it an came off straight away! an makes my sports/rolll bars all shiny an new too
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/09/10 05:05 AM Posted 05/09/10 05:05 AM That sounds great, I might get some today when I go for a drive, thanks Keith
KeithTheBricklayer Legacy Donating Member 450 Member For: 16y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 05/09/10 05:12 AM Posted 05/09/10 05:12 AM That sounds great, I might get some today when I go for a drive, thanks Keith I just went in the shed an looked..Its called "AutoSoul Metal Polish" sorry haha
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/09/10 05:33 AM Posted 05/09/10 05:33 AM Ooh just googled it and found thisDo not use autosol. It has a mild abrasive and over time will wear the chrome thin, right down to the nickel plating.If it's realy dirty it sounds good but they reckon just a plain polish is better for regular maintenance. Thanks though, I had to start somewhere!
KeithTheBricklayer Legacy Donating Member 450 Member For: 16y 10m 17d Gender: Male Location: perth Posted 05/09/10 05:41 AM Posted 05/09/10 05:41 AM Ooh just googled it and found thisIf it's realy dirty it sounds good but they reckon just a plain polish is better for regular maintenance. Thanks though, I had to start somewhere!!!!!! hmmm
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/09/10 05:58 AM Posted 05/09/10 05:58 AM I'll check out what they have down there. Not sure asking the guy will help much, that's why I really wanna know what my tips are made from. Chrome I guess?
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/09/10 06:21 AM Posted 05/09/10 06:21 AM PS they said it's fine for solid metals but if it's a thin coating such as chrome then it should be avoided as over time it will wear through it. Your roll bar should be fine I'd think as I'm guessing it's stainless right?
Grug Member 1,318 Member For: 18y 2m 11d Posted 05/09/10 09:24 AM Posted 05/09/10 09:24 AM Sooooo once I get my fuel pump and CAI in, cruise? :D:D
chippa Slippery when dry Legacy Donating Member 368 Member For: 19y 2m 27d Gender: Male Location: Foot Hills W.A Posted 05/09/10 09:28 AM Posted 05/09/10 09:28 AM And for those who like old fairlanes...http://www.streetfire.net/video/wicked-fast-ford_166416.htm?ref=
discostig Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday Legacy Donating Member 13,798 Member For: 18y 10m 15d Gender: Male Location: Probably above atmospheric pressure Posted 05/09/10 11:21 AM Posted 05/09/10 11:21 AM Damn capped net. Video viewing is futile...Bought some Megs polish for motorbikes, explicitly says it's "heaps sick" on chrome as well as all metals. Tips came up real nice I must say. Went for a blat on OBrien Rd after and they wiped clean pretty well afterwards. Tried it on the mottled ECU but it needs a lot of attention methinks Probably try that AutoSol Metal Polish on it as it's abrasive, they have a $10 tube.Lost mooore rubber in motion today. Must be kinder to 1st gear.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now