Guest thatgroutguy Guests Posted 23/11/05 02:21 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:21 AM To All, Thanks for welcome feeling, and quick responses. Ill probably be looking for a low km 04- 05 T , so it would be the T56(?) or the 4spd. I was assuming that with 300kw the clutch would be the first to die and relitivly quickly too, it was after I was worried about with the extra stress. As for the datto the list of mods is long! But to keep it short its a 2.4 stroker with twin 48mm webbers, forgies and all the goodies making 175rwhp and 240rwhp with the gas. Big brakes (4 spots) and coil overs too. TGG
TurboDewd FG Falcon fan! Member 1,452 Member For: 23y 3m 3d Gender: Male Location: Canberra Posted 23/11/05 02:25 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:25 AM mmmm...triple postage...
Guest thatgroutguy Guests Posted 23/11/05 02:31 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:31 AM Opps lucky ive got trainning wheels huh, I should try to get some Bright yellow L plates.
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/05 02:42 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:42 AM To All, Thanks for welcome feeling, and quick responses. Ill probably be looking for a low km 04- 05 T , so it would be the T56(?) or the 4spd. I was assuming that with 300kw the clutch would be the first to die and relitivly quickly too, it was after I was worried about with the extra stress. As for the datto the list of mods is long! But to keep it short its a 2.4 stroker with twin 48mm webbers, forgies and all the goodies making 175rwhp and 240rwhp with the gas. Big brakes (4 spots) and coil overs too.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If it is a Mark II it will be a T56 which should be from late 04 (someone else I am sure will be able to post the dates...). If you buy Manual DEFINITELY get one with the T56, NOT a mark 1 with a T5. The the 4sp autos can be modded for between $1250 and $1750 dependant on who does it for stronger bands etc - which should good for your 300rwkw. It is the same box in both Mark I and II as far as I am aware.Cheers, Ben.cheers,Ben.
turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/11/05 02:49 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:49 AM If your chasing 300 rwkw in a 2004 BA......my suggestion is get the auto.To get that power is not difficult, just the edit plus injectors and an intercooler and free flowing exhaust will easily give you over 300 rwkw.The 4sp auto can be programmed with a bit more bite with the edit, but ideally needs some internal mods. (around $700 is what a few have paid for internal mods of auto - kevlar bands and waffle friction clutch plates, and a few other mods ) Need a decent trans cooler too.The auto with these mods will handle your power requirements.And it'll be quicker over the quarter too. 12's easy... 11's with slicks.But if you're insisting on a manual, then research these forums well to find a suitable clutch, and even then, the 5 sp manual is still a bit sus.cheerstom
bugster70 Legacy Donating Member 1,326 Member For: 21y 5m 7d Location: Canberra Posted 23/11/05 02:58 AM Posted 23/11/05 02:58 AM The the 4sp autos can be modded for between $1250 and $1750 dependant on who does it for stronger bands etc - which should good for your 300rwkw. It is the same box in both Mark I and II as far as I am aware.Ben, I thought I'd read somewhere that sometime in 2004 the autos were upgraded and included kevlar bands as stock?
lightning_strike Member 78 Member For: 21y 1m 22d Posted 23/11/05 03:29 AM Posted 23/11/05 03:29 AM I have the ba mark 2 6 spd manual completely stock. The clutch is a bit dead and I find that more happens if you depress it just less than say 10mm than if you push it to the floor. Still getting used to it - after 6 months!Do you guys think the clutch lacks feel in stock form? Sorry to jack the thread!
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/05 03:33 AM Posted 23/11/05 03:33 AM The the 4sp autos can be modded for between $1250 and $1750 dependant on who does it for stronger bands etc - which should good for your 300rwkw. It is the same box in both Mark I and II as far as I am aware.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ben, I thought I'd read somewhere that sometime in 2004 the autos were upgraded and included kevlar bands as stock?<{POST_SNAPBACK}>could be right Bugs! Can anyone else shed some light...
gogo Member of team Kittens Member 609 Member For: 22y 7m 16d Location: Melbourne Posted 23/11/05 03:35 AM Posted 23/11/05 03:35 AM I have the ba mark 2 6 spd manual completely stock. The clutch is a bit dead and I find that more happens if you depress it just less than say 10mm than if you push it to the floor. Still getting used to it - after 6 months!Do you guys think the clutch lacks feel in stock form? Sorry to jack the thread!<{POST_SNAPBACK}>never drove with the stock clutch in the T56 (mine was the T5 - main issue is capacity to handle torque. My stock clutch with the T5 was fine for feel intil it started slipping...
cobrav8 Member 1,969 Member For: 21y 6m 16d Gender: Male Location: New Zealand Posted 23/11/05 03:55 AM Posted 23/11/05 03:55 AM Buy the manual 6 speed, install a Mal Wood clutch and flywheel (around $1000), and buy your wife an automatic Hyundai - a nice pink one with flowers on it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now