Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Site protagonist
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 4m 22d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: At the lights, waiting for you.
Posted

The auto T is quicker down the strip than the manual T. When stock there is very little in it and its possible that the manual might win occasionally. The more you mod them the more the auto will win by.

I think the quickest Manual is 12.1 and that was with 400rwkw's. An auto with that much power would run mid to low 10's.

There are probably a few manual "T's" around with similar power to what I have (380rwkw's), they'd be running 2 seconds slower than me I think.

Geea. :spoton:

  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 26d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

Agree with it (autos) quicker from a standing start. Rolling is another story altogether as it eliminates the wheelspin issue somewhat. Around a circuit as someone said, different story altogether again, the auto will get smoked (being comparative of course).

I am sure that most of you guys with far less power than me will nail me up to probably the top of second gear (maybe) but after that, the big yellow sled will motor away. :spoton:

  • Formerly Turbo6
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 8m 26d
  • Location: North Brisbane
Posted

Craig I agree. I probably have the same sort of power but I will be damned if I could pedal my thing down the strip to a 10 anything. I would be happy if it got into the 11's! Just getting off the line is an absolute task.

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m
  • Location: Perth
Posted
The auto's stay in boost all the time too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So too does the manual when you flat shift! :spoton:

  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 9m
  • Location: Perth
Posted

Gotta agree that the auto's will usually be quicker than the manuals. My VT LS1 auto ran 13.13 @ 104mph; yesterday I ran 13.245 @ 111.38mph, 2.24 60ft time.

Auto's are easier to launch and more consistant.

Guest xrtwpn
  • Guests
Posted
The auto's stay in boost all the time too.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So too does the manual when you flat shift! :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No matter what the second you hit the clutch there goes the boost and that box isnt going to last long flat shifting no matter what box it is

  • Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Melbourne
Posted

I'm currently driving a n/a XR6 auto 4 speed BA Mk I stock. I found that I get max acceleration from start if I leave it in 1st gear in manual sports mode (provided the road surface is dry - no traction control in the XR6). From what I've been reading so far, maybe I should be leaving it in drive sports mode? It's all been dragging off from the traffic lights, so I rarely go above 80km/h (road ahead is signed as 80km/h) before I level out (don't want to get a speeding ticket now...)

I just found I could not hack it in drive sports mode when I tried to drag off a (I think) mighty powerful looking Bentley (he gradually pulled ahead of me - could not quite stick my nose in front...) Ever since that episode, if I know I'm going to drag off at the lights, I've put it into 1st gear in manual sports mode. So, I used to assume whenever an auto was dragging, it was put in 1st gear manual sports mode. Obviously, I did not take into account the need to shift up for longer drags...

  • Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 20y 11m 15d
  • Location: Lismore NSW
Posted

Try racing a wrx with a stock auto T..Did last nite and Damn they got launch but about even from there..

He had me by a car length at launch then we were even upto about 130k/hr..-

Both cars are stock (04 XR6T and 05 WRX WRP10)

T is auto and WRX is manual..

Whens ford gonna bring out a Twin turbo 4.0ltr 400kw all wheel drive? hehe

Still..Give me a few mods and :spoton: wrx's

  • Team Xtreme
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 26d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Perth
Posted
Try racing a wrx with a stock auto T..Did last nite and Damn they got launch but about even from there..

He had me by a car length at launch then we were even upto about 130k/hr..-

Both cars are stock (04 XR6T and 05 WRX WRP10)

T is auto and WRX is manual..

Whens ford gonna bring out a Twin turbo 4.0ltr 400kw all wheel drive?  hehe

Still..Give me a few mods and  :spoton:  wrx's

4x4 is why mate :spoton:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...