turbotom Team Bute Legacy Donating Member 1,550 Member For: 23y 2m 23d Gender: Male Location: Adelaide Posted 23/10/05 01:16 PM Posted 23/10/05 01:16 PM Listen Guys This chip has been organised through my brother as a birthday present through a mate who part owns the company. So in this case, there is no option. I appreciate all your input, however a freebie is a freebie, and as stated earlier I wold be happy with 285-290kw and I am going to get that, and a bit. ScottyI just hope you get the result you are expecting, and aren't just a guinea pig for trying out an untested powerchip mod.If you want a power boost, without any issues at all, get the edit. But get it custom tuned closer to home with your tank full of your local fuel.If you have issues back in Qld, where are you going to go for help?Can you put your car back to standard if you have issues and need to take it back to the dealer? With the edit you can. Takes 3~4 minutes only.The EDIT is a proven product in a competant tuner's hands.But don't listen to any of us........ It's your car.gran'pa tom
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 13d Location: Toowoomba Posted 23/10/05 04:40 PM Posted 23/10/05 04:40 PM Listen Guys This chip has been organised through my brother as a birthday present through a mate who part owns the company. So in this case, there is no option. I appreciate all your input, however a freebie is a freebie, and as stated earlier I wold be happy with 285-290kw and I am going to get that, and a bit. Scotty<{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you have issues back in Qld, where are you going to go for help?gran'pa tom<{POST_SNAPBACK}>that's a good point Tom.Dazza.
2fardown Member 526 Member For: 21y 4m 26d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 25/10/05 04:42 AM Posted 25/10/05 04:42 AM See if you could pick up a second hand unichip from somewhere. I've had both, unichip and edit. My experiences:With the unichip I experienced 0 problems whatsovever.With the edit, my car regularly stalls, there is a constant annoying ticking noise at idle, and the car feels barely quicker, if at all. Not to mention I have been having problems with the cruise control since I got it, and the after going back to the company 3-4 times they still didn't fix anything or setup the launch control as requested.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Get someone to tune it who has the latest version of the software. It sounds like you are running one of the first versions.
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Posted 25/10/05 11:14 AM Posted 25/10/05 11:14 AM I believe it is the latest version. Was tuned by Nizpro about 6 months ago.
Skitz 6 Legacy Donating Member 115 Member For: 22y 3m 16d Location: Adelaide Posted 25/10/05 11:59 AM Posted 25/10/05 11:59 AM You'll have the same version that I have, no stalling but I do have the ticking boost solenoid. There is a new version now, that has all the problems fixed, including TC, but also has full control to all parameters now. Have a chat to Simon about this...Peter
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Posted 25/10/05 01:30 PM Posted 25/10/05 01:30 PM Sick of taking my car all the way to Bayswater for no results so I think I'll just live with it. Thanks.
sixfan Flaccid Member Legacy Donating Member 2,503 Member For: 23y 4m 17d Gender: Male Location: NOONAMAH, go figure..... Posted 26/10/05 06:04 AM Posted 26/10/05 06:04 AM See if you could pick up a second hand unichip from somewhere. I've had both, unichip and edit. My experiences:With the unichip I experienced 0 problems whatsovever.With the edit, my car regularly stalls, there is a constant annoying ticking noise at idle, and the car feels barely quicker, if at all. Not to mention I have been having problems with the cruise control since I got it, and the after going back to the company 3-4 times they still didn't fix anything or setup the launch control as requested.Ooh! you'll get tuna all hot saying things like that.I've had nothing but from mine and I'm sick of getting abused when I query the faults.Anybody who wants an EDIT can have it for mine for $625
cdm Member 886 Member For: 23y 11m 27d Posted 26/10/05 06:22 AM Posted 26/10/05 06:22 AM See if you could pick up a second hand unichip from somewhere. I've had both, unichip and edit. My experiences:With the unichip I experienced 0 problems whatsovever.With the edit, my car regularly stalls, there is a constant annoying ticking noise at idle, and the car feels barely quicker, if at all. Not to mention I have been having problems with the cruise control since I got it, and the after going back to the company 3-4 times they still didn't fix anything or setup the launch control as requested.<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ooh! you'll get tuna all hot saying things like that.I've had nothing but from mine and I'm sick of getting abused when I query the faults.Anybody who wants an EDIT can have it for mine for $625<{POST_SNAPBACK}>Here, Here. I should have stuck with what I had. I could have saved myself a lot of time and money.
FPV TRANNY Im the one and only Legacy Donating Member 3,557 Member For: 21y 9m 1d Gender: Male Location: In my house Posted 26/10/05 06:29 AM Posted 26/10/05 06:29 AM I have a unichip, and mines been running a 300rwkw tune for ages and I have had not one problem with it.I wont be changing it to EDIT as it works for me.
F6 RAPID Formerly Turbo6 Legacy Donating Member 2,332 Member For: 23y 9m Location: North Brisbane Posted 26/10/05 08:05 AM Posted 26/10/05 08:05 AM As long as this doesn't turn into a fight, I am lucky enough to still have both. My ute is running an xede - one of the very first and makes 300rwkw. Very. very smooth, stalls occasionally, idles rough but running is beautifully smooth............. THEN, compared to my 'phoon which is running significantly more mods but with Edit, different power altogether. The low down torque and throttle response is unbelievable. Idles like a stocker, never stalls or even thinks about it. It drives at low speed BETTER than stock and under power is another story altogether! I have nothing against piggy-backs whatsoever, it did and does the job for my ute!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now