Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/10/05 08:13 AM Author Posted 20/10/05 08:13 AM Look I would love to get the disease, I have modded plenty of previous cars, mainly EL XR,s. But unfortunately, this car is a lease vehicle. Which is sad as it is the car most deserving of being modded.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 20/10/05 11:11 AM Author Posted 20/10/05 11:11 AM Finally found out what I am getting. It is Gold 98 powerchip from www.powerchip.com.au.Kindly organised by my brother for my birthday.Cant wait will let you all now how it goes.Now where were those brake upgrades?
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 6d Location: Toowoomba Posted 20/10/05 05:10 PM Posted 20/10/05 05:10 PM What sort of chip and who's doing the tuning?What other mods do you have or are you planning.Stock internals are good for about 300rwkw's.Geea. <{POST_SNAPBACK}>with the exception of valve springs I suppose.Dazza.
rboksic Legacy Donating Member 514 Member For: 22y 5m 2d Posted 20/10/05 10:49 PM Posted 20/10/05 10:49 PM Finally found out what I am getting. It is Gold 98 powerchip from www.powerchip.com.au.Kindly organised by my brother for my birthday.Cant wait will let you all now how it goes.Now where were those brake upgrades?Save your cash and dont buy it!I dont think anyone on this forum uses a Power Chip . Have a look at an Edit or a piggy like Xede as toy can tune these to your car.
turb06 Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666 Member 3,667 Member For: 23y 7m 6d Location: Toowoomba Posted 21/10/05 03:25 AM Posted 21/10/05 03:25 AM yep, anything that can be custom tuned to suit your car is better.Dazza.
corpex Member 113 Member For: 21y 9m 9d Location: Melbourne Posted 21/10/05 03:31 AM Posted 21/10/05 03:31 AM From what I read powerchip are using a device that flashs the ECU via the OBD port. And their selling it for $890. This sounds like an edit device to me, does anyone know more about this?
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 21/10/05 07:48 AM Author Posted 21/10/05 07:48 AM Listen Guys This chip has been organised through my brother as a birthday present through a mate who part owns the company. So in this case, there is no option. I appreciate all your input, however a freebie is a freebie, and as stated earlier I wold be happy with 285-290kw and I am going to get that, and a bit. For the block who said they retail for $890.00, you are right, what they do and how they do it I dont know. I will let you know later next week, as I drive down to Melbourne to get it fitted on wednesday, then I drive back to Brisbane. So it will get a good test.I appreciate all the input though guys and gals. Me I am just loving the car, and kinda wished I was buying it and not leasing it so I could modify it more. They are great cars.Scotty
bcl Toughest BA Turbo Legacy Donating Member 3,408 Member For: 23y 9m 7d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/10/05 07:41 PM Posted 21/10/05 07:41 PM Scotty,To my knowledge no-one in this forum has had anything positive to say about the powerchip product over the past 2 years, and they have maintained a low profile.Maybe their product has improved.Make sure you get before and after dyno graphs, and power with torque, afrs and boost, so that the actual difference will be apparent.Please post the results on this site for our information and feedback, as well as your personal experience, and whether still is a custom tune, or simple flash.good luckBrian (still in U.S)
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 21/10/05 11:20 PM Posted 21/10/05 11:20 PM I know of two members with powerchips and their cars keep overboosting and going into limp mode because of it (I.e. engine shuts down when under 3/4 to full throttle).I'll leave it up to them to own up.I also have a personal friend of mine that just got his installed two weeks ago, exactly the same problem as above.If you do end up getting it, make very sure you do not overtake on the wrong side of the road. Once your engine goes into limp mode your car is basically useless, and makes the possibility of a high speed head on increase.My advice, tell your brother not to bother as it's going to cause you nothing but heart ache, and you'll be lucky to get $200 for it on the second hand market.Might aswell save the money yourself and go an Edit, Exede or Unichip.Edit: I just noticed your going to Melbourne from Brisbane to get this thing fitted.With all the money you will spend on fuel, say 8 tanks return which is what I'd use x $80 a tank = $640.Add in acommodation and you have an Edit. Half that price and you have a second hand Exede/Unichip.With safety in mind, this might not be a freebie, there are many many hundreds of km's of single carriage way between Melbourne and Brisbane. It could end up costing you your life.
Kimberley Scott www.australianflag.org.au Legacy Donating Member 6,763 Member For: 21y 2m 14d Gender: Male Location: Brisbane Posted 22/10/05 12:19 AM Author Posted 22/10/05 12:19 AM Ok now that is concerning, I will look into that. As far costing me to drive to Melbourne, I was doing that anyway, for another reason. Thanks guys.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now